Chapter Forty -Three- Ex-Fiancees and Empty Bedrooms

Chapter Forty -Three- Ex-Fiancee and Empty Bedrooms

"Can we meet now?" I said as soon as Michael answered his phone.

My throat felt dry after the band rehearsal. I was very anxious too. The guys went straight to the bistro beside Deandra for dinner while I immediately called Michael. I was so determined to talk to him tonight even if I still haven't figured out what exactly to say to him.

"Where are you now? I'll pick you up."

"Can we just meet somewhere?" I thought it'll buy me some time to think.

I rolled my eyes as soon as he told me where we'd meet. What was he trying to accomplish wanting to meet to where he first messed up my feelings?

Half an hour later, I reached the hotel and messaged him. He replied saying he was at the rooftop. I made a detour to the ladies' room and told him I was on my way up. As I was washing my hands, I gave myself a pep talk.

"Relax, Madi." I said to my reflection hoping to calm my nerves. My heart was pounding in my chest and my hands were starting to shake. "You can do this. Just tell him how you feel. Everything will be fine. I'm sure you'll both be fine."

So much have happened and all I want now is some peace of mind. I have decided and whatever consequences my decision will bring, I'm ready.

"You really believe that?" a female voice spoke beside me.

I tried to maintain a poker face but it was a challenge in front of Michael's ex-fiancee. I knew I had a scowl on my face as soon as I saw her. Cassandra Mortel, the mischievious "princess" in Michael's not so magical fairytale.

She was as beautiful as I remember her. Bombshell physique, shampoo commercial hair and legs that go on forever. She had those physicalities that'd make you insecure about yourself but when she spoke, you'd appreciate your good heart. I was far from having a good heart. I'm aware of that. She was pretty and all but by the way she's looking at me, nothing pretty will come out of her mouth.

"I track him down in this pathetic little place and you're here too."

Obviously, she knew who I was and the 'him' was Michael. I didn't wonder why she insulted Wright Plaza. I remember Kyla telling me she's some kind of a Paris Hilton in the country. A hotel heiress they called this ogre.

She looked at me from head to toe and I controlled myself from feeling small. "What did he like about you? A low-life club waitress and wannabe band singer."

Okay, she doesn't know me that well.

"What? The tips weren't enough to pay for college? Now, you had to chase after an engaged man? You gold digger ruined everything."

There were so many wrong things on her statement that I wished to correct.

1) I don't get tips from either waitressing or singing. Harlow and Deandra had the same policy with a huge tip jar at the entrance and staff share all the tips from the patrons. 2) I never chased an engaged man. Enough said. 3) Did she just call me a gold digger?

I thought it was a waste of time to start an argument with this woman so I remained silent. I had nothing to say to her. I was here to speak with Michael and not her.

"So you're just gonna stand there and stare at me?" she scoffed. "Well then lemme do all the talking. Michael's gonna lose everything if he breaks the contract. He's gonna lose everything because of you. He will be left with nothing but a gold-digging waitress that you are. Yes, he may be willing to give it all up now but for how long? What's gonna happen if he doesn't love you anymore? You think he can live with poverty? He will blame you for his miserable life. He will hate you and dispose you because you are nothing but trash."