Chapter Thirty-Five- Hair Attachments and Posh Schools

Residence buildings in the city have their own fancy cafes, indoor and outdoor pools and exclusive gyms. Wright Tower, the 40-storey building where I live now was no different. In fact, WT was a lot more. It had restaurants, a supermarket, clothing shops, a salon and a night club. The entire lobby was like a mall on its own. Because WT had almost everything, we didn't have to go to a real mall.

I asked what Lisa and Ali planned to do with me as they dragged me down the lobby.

"Just stroll around." Lisa told me.

We did more than just a stroll.

I didn't hate shopping. I just don't see the point of buying something expensive when you can buy it in much lesser price. I guessed if your after quality then go ahead and swipe that card. I just feel like one is buying the brand and not the item from these expensive stores. Or is that the whole point of shopping?

I don't think so.

We started our 'stroll' with buying some milk teas. I borrowed Ali's phone to send a 'help and rescue' message from Kyla. She immediately came after practice but she didn't rescue me. She joined hand in hand with Lisa and Ali to torture me. Or at least my legs for that matter.

To say that I was exhausted would be an understatement. I felt like I just did a 12-hour shift at the club. Store after store. Dress after dress. I felt like I was watching an episode of ANTM or Project Runway happen to me. Yes, I watch those shows now. Thanks, Cable TV.

I had three judges in front of me saying Yes to dresses they like or No to those they don't. Plus a few comments here and there.

"Perfect!" Lisa praised the white top tucked in a printed maxi skirt that I was wearing. A cropped brown vest completed the ensemble. "I never really saw you as the sweet girl he was trying to make you to be with those sundresses. Two words, my friend. Bo-ho."

"We all know that's only one word."

"Okay, english teacher. I'm just trying to empahasize that your style should me more of a boho chic instead of sweetheart."

I furrowed my brows. What and what?

"No worries, bes. We got you." Kyla assured to ease my confusion.

Three stores later, I was really tired. When they said they weren't done yet, I asked for a break. They agreed to eat dinner first but they chose Pizza Hut. I didn't object because I didn't want to be sentimental. It was just a restaurant after all.

We placed our orders to a nice waiter. To torture myself even more, I ordered the same meatball spaghetti. Because of that I only remembered that afternoon.

I fell on his arms and he swept me off my feet to bring me to the clinic. He waited for me to wake up and made me eat a huge plate of spaghetti. That afternoon he also made me furious by breaking my specs into pieces. Never have I thought that he'd be breaking my heart too.

He got me a new pair which I've been wearing every day. So imagine me putting my glasses on every morning and immediately think of him. Good thing, that pair was changed when I got hit by a car.

We bantered a lot that day about my bad eating habits, paying the bill and of course the specs. Somehow arguing with him made me like him. He was as stubborn as me and we don't agree on a lot of things. I can only count on one finger on how many times we agreed on each other.

He was like no other. Being with him was confusing and made sense at the same time. Being with him was...

"Earth calling Madi." I heard Ali's voice.