Chapter Eighteen

"Isaiah!" I cried out in pain as I was slammed into the wall with breathtaking force. I looked into the eyes of the man who stood before me but all I saw was darkness, and hate in them and worst of all it was directed towards me. I probably shouldn't have come here alone.
Why do I have a bad feeling that this is not Isaiah but Azzra.

"How dare you come here?" He growled out and I shook with fear. I tried calming down so I could talk to Cat but at the moment I couldn't keep my emotions in check then I remembered what she told me just before I entered that I can't talk to her while inside.

"I-I came here to release you." I said unsure of what his reaction might be

"Liar.. Who are you? Where is the king?" He demanded quite aggressively might I add. Should I tell him that the king is dead. Lifting my eyes once again to meet his glare I realised something else deep in his piercing blue eyes. He has been very lonely and sad. I can't imagine all those years sitting in this hell hole all alone. Upon searching for the dungeons, I found out that my father had separated him from the other dungeons. His wasn't in the palace like the others it was underneath the palace, the place was as dark as night filled with dust and cobwebs. When I first walked in, I could have died from suffocation.

The door leading into the room was enchanted and according to Cat only a person with royal blood and magic could enter which is how I found myself in this situation. Isaiah also knew that only a person with royal blood could enter so the moment I got past the dust and cobwebs he attacked.

"My name is Cassandra and the king is dead." Those last words seemed to hit him because he paused for a moment then fell back releasing me in the process.
He looked like he was confused as though not knowing whether to rejoice for the death of the person who put him here or mourn the death of his father.

"I'm Sorry" it was barely above a whisper when I said it so I thought he didn't hear it but by the way he suddenly looked at me I have a feeling he heard it and didn't like it.

"Who are you to be sorry? What gives you the right to pity me?" This was not the reaction I was expecting

"I'm your sister, step sister to be exact" I guess in my mind I hoped that if he knew this fact he would calm down but boy was I wrong. Grabbing me again he slammed me into the wall again. My back arched in pain and my head hit the wall with a force that had me screaming out his name in pain. My scream seemed to affect him because he immediately dropped me to the floor holding his head with both hands. He growled as though in pain cocking his head from side to side with his eyes tightly shut.
Soon everything calmed and the room was silent with only my heavy breaths heard.

My back was still in pain but I forgot all about it when my gaze met the kindest green eyes I had ever seen. He crouched down on one knee in front of me and I think my heart stopped beating. This time he wasn't looking at me with hate or anger instead he looked confused as he watched me. Suddenly his eyes clouded with a kind of mist and it looked like he was conversing with someone else that I couldn't hear or see.

Then it clicked, he was talking to his anchor. He doesn't know what happened meaning the person whom I just met was his anchor Azzra, that is one scary guy. So this is Isaiah. Now that his face wasn't in a dark scowl and he wasn't trying to kill me I noticed for the first time that my step brother was very handsome with midnight black hair a beautifully structured face and kind green eyes. Green eyes? How can that be I could have sworn he had blue eyes earlier but now they are green just like mine. Does that mean that when he's Azzra his eyes change colour?. My train of thoughts were brought to an end when he spoke.

" I apologize for what happened. I hope I have not hurt you too much?" The change was incredible, almost unreal, was he pretending?. He and his anchor were complete opposites. I quickly shook my head to tell him I wasn't that badly hurt when the motion had my head spinning and it felt like my head was about to fall off. Immediately my hand went to my head. The pain was unbelievable. What Is happening? Tears started to cloud my vision. It felt like someone was using a hammer to hit my head.

"Let me help you" when he reached for me I flinched back in fear and pain. He did this. He looked hurt at my reaction and I suddenly felt bad as I stared at him with tear filled eyes.

"I am very sorry. Let me correct my mistake. I can help you, won't you let me?" He was so calm and kind I couldn't get myself to even refuse. Conceding, I nodded and leaned towards him. He grabbed me and pushed me on my back and I hissed out in pain. He brought his right hand to my forehead and my eyes started closing by themselves. I was afraid of what might happen if I went unconscious but against my better judgement I grabbed his hand looking him in the eye and said.

"I'm putting my trust in you Isaiah" with that I passed out and fell into the darkness.

-----------------------------------------------------

Well my lovely readers... What do you think about this chapter?

Plz don't forget to vote and comment.

♥N.j