Chapter Fourteen.

"Don't even think about it" he snarled in my ear. This made me swallow the scream that was building in my throat already but now that I think about it screaming would not be my best option right now

"Who are you?" He asked as he turned me around and slammed my back roughly against the room door. Pain erupted in my back due to the impact. I still couldn't see him but one thing I noticed was his height, easily towering over me, I could feel his breath on my forehead. How I keep getting myself into these types of situations baffle me. When he realised why I couldn't speak, he slowly lowered his hand from my mouth. When his hand was completely removed, I heaved a sigh as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I wonder what's happening in the castle?, who are these people in the castle?, who is this man? Why was I locked in a room?. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice when he leaned forward closer to my face causing me to close my eyes in fear. Trembling, I suddenly heard a click sound by the side of my head like a switch. Quickly I open my eyes but immediately closed them due to the light intensity. My eyes were yet to adjust and when they did I immediately looked up at him.

He had a very rugged look, with a long ugly scar running down the left side of his face with eyes as dark as the night he looked evil. I looked around the room, it looked like a store room. They were a lot of things here varying from spoons to pots to knife. The cupboards were open and the contents of the shelves were emptied on the floor, it seemed as though a thief had been in here. My head immediately snapped back to him when he shook me roughly, he was the thief.

"I'm talking to you Missy, who are you?" He wanted to know who I was?, what do I tell him?

"Tell him you are a maid" Catalyn said. Oh! Now she speaks.

"He looks dangerous, you don't want to tell him who you really are" she was right, I didn't know why he was here and since he doesn't know who I am, he doesn't live in the castle. Therefore he may believe me

"I-I'm a maid" I said looking at him to see if he believed me.

"You don't look like a maid" he said narrowing his eyes. My heart rate picked up and my palms started feeling clammy.
"If you are a maid, why you dressed like that? And what are you doing here?" he asked.

"I..was um cleaning my lady's room when I decided to try on her dress, stupid of me I know but the temptation was just too much and the dress was so lovely" I lied. This time he just frowned at me but he seemed to have believed my lie

"OK then why did you come in here? " By now his grip had loosened considerably now that he thought I wasn't a threat.

"I heard noises while I was in the room so I came out to check and then I saw two men, I panicked and ran before entering the first open room I spotted" that wasn't all a lie anyway. I looked back at him to gauge his reaction but it was unreadable.

Suddenly he released my hand then grabbed my wrist pulling me with him as he opened the door and started walking in the same direction I ran from.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked worriedly.

"For a maid, you sure talk a lot" he snapped back at me.

'Catalyn, what do I do? " she immediately answered

"Well, we could always use your air element to smash his sorry ass against the wall since you are already familiar with that element" she said. Looking back at him, he wasn't looking at me either, just dragging me along, I wonder where he is taking me?

I took a calming breath and tried to remember the feeling I got when I used my powers, I finally got it and that familiar burning sensation that bubbles in my stomach started again and I knew just what to do. My hand stopped midway in the air when I suddenly heard a blood curdling scream. The scream became louder as we approached a large door. I can't concentrate right now and so I've lost the feeling.

Fear creeps into me as he opens the door. The moment the door opened my chest constricted painfully due to the agony and pain evident in the person's voice as he or she screams. Entering the room, once known as the throne room, it was turned over everything was scattered. As we ventured further into the room, I noticed that some of the palace workers were kneeling on the ground at a far corner in the room with dangerous looking men standing over them with swords that look like spears.

Sudden pain shooting up my knee from falling on the floor brought me out of my deep thoughts.

"Have you no respect child? Knee properly" a man, another guard shouted at me. I was about to get up from my sitting position on the floor and knee when another well known voice shouted at me again

"Don't you dare knee, you are the future queen of Avalon, you knee to no one" Catalyn said shouting. What's with everyone shouting at me?

Sighing, I remained in my position. I lifted my eyes from the marble floor to where the throne was, a huge man with a deep scrowl was sitted there, legs crossed and hands under his jaw.

"What is the meaning of this? Who are you girl?" He questioned leaning forward to look at me closely. Before I could answer the man who brought me here spoke

"I'm sorry master, I don't know what is wrong with her. She is one of the maids in the castle, I caught her trying to hide in the storage room"

"A maid?" The mysterious man questioned again. Looking at him, he is a handsome man but if you study his eyes and body language it is clear that he is not a good person. Although his presence should command respect I sense that he attracts more fear than respect.

"You say she's a maid and she's dressed like a queen, have you always been this stupid or I'm I just noticing it now?" At his words, I almost laughed but I have a feeling he wasn't trying to be funny.

"Reveal your true identity girl before I lose my patience" he said with an annoyed growl. I decided silence would be my best option right now. The less things I said the less risk I'm in but I fear my silence also has it's consequences.

"She is capable of speaking is she not?" He asked the man who brought me here. The moment the man nodded that I was able to speak. Excruciating pain exploded in my stomach, it felt like I was getting stabbed over and over again. I tried to bear it at first but the pain grew in intensity, no longer able to stand it I cried out clutching my stomach as I roll on the floor from side to side with tears running down my face.

"S-stop please" I shouted through the pain.

"Tell me your name and it shall stop" he promised. Foolishly, without thinking I spoke my name

"Cassandra" I cried out but the pain did not stop

"Cassandra who?" He enquired impatiently. How is he doing this? He didn't even lift a finger

"Don pira" immediately the words left my mouth the pain stopped and I collapsed on the floor trying to catch my breath.

Laughter coming from the man on the throne caused me to snap my head up towards him.

"So, this little girl... This is who is going to going to kill me?" He asked amused while I frowned, I'm not killing any body. He suddenly sobered up leaning into the throne with a thoughtful expression on his face like he was in deep conversation with someone. Without warning he spoke two words that seem to put in the world on pause.

"Kill her" He ordered without blinking his eyes while mine widened immensely.

*****
Happy New Year...

Don't forget to Vote & Comment...

Thanks for reading!