Pretend Girlfriend {35}

Start from the beginning

Mel's attention was turned into something else as she picked up the empty plates and went into the kitchen. Gabby helped them out and before I could get up and help Ian's hand gripped mine and he pulled me down.

"Stop helping them. I don't need you making this any harder than it needs to be when I tell them we are done."

"They cook I clean sir." I pushed my chair out and got up

"Must you always disobey me" Ian said as he grabbed my hand.

"Don't worry babe. I will be right back" I gave him my biggest smile when I saw Mike looking up from his phone.

The sisters bombarded me with questions and I tried to answer them as close to the truth as I could.

I was happy when the attention was drifted to Gabby ex who kept calling her. After advising her on how she should focus on school not a boy we left the kitchen and got back into the dining room to see the brothers wrestling around.

We sat back in our seats as Mel gave us our tasks for today. Pulling out a her phone she said, "Me, Gab and Mike will go find a restaurant. Ian and Delilah you guys to stay and find Bruce Springsteen."

I said goodbye to them as they exited through the doors. The all decided to take Gabby's Range Rover. Ian made a couple calls as I sat in the dining room table.

"Find out what hotel Bruce is staying at." he said.

Taking out my phone I researched and found a picture of him booking into Chicago Hotels just last night.

"He's in Chicago Hotels"

"Alright perfect let's go."

After grabbing my bag I waited for Ian since he was upstairs. He returned and and we left the house.

Ian twirled the keys to his car around his finger and asked, "Do you want to drive?"

I almost broke my neck at how hard I turned it, "Mr McKinley are you being serious?" he nodded his head and said, "Call me Ian, Delilah" This was the first time he had said my name and I loved the way his tongue pronounced my name. I never thought my name was special but I felt as though it was special when he said

He dangled the keys in the air and I grabbed them and quickly ran towards his Rolls Royce. After unlocking it I sat down in my seat with a big smile on my face.

He got inside the car and I started the engine. The purr it released extended my grin. After backing out of the driveway I squealed in excitement and I couldn't get rid of the happy smile on my face. This was a dream come true. My uncle let me drive his Rolls Royce once but it was a 2 minute drive so it didn't even count.

"AHHH" I screamed as my adrenaline built. I rolled down all the windows and I could feel the wind blowing my bun. Mr McKinley or is it Ian now? He let out a laugh at my giddiness. It was the first time he laughed when it was was just us two alone and I wanted to make him laugh again.

I heard him pull out his phone to make a phone call and after ending it he told me to take the next right. I let out squeals of excitement whenever we took a turn since the turn was so smooth. We finally arrived at the hotel that I almost lost my job at.

We entered the hotel and after getting the hotel room number, we went to Bruce's room.

Mr McKinley lightly tapped on the door three times and it opened to the light brown eyes of Bruce. He had dark hair that was sprinkled with gray.

"Ian? Hey" he said surprised

"Bruce listen I need a favor"

"Sure bud. Come in" After noticing me he asked,"I'm sorry sweetheart what's your name"