Pack Mentality

Xalia

"You know I'm gonna sit you down and make you explain everything that happened in the last 48 hours, don't you?" I hear Derek say.

After we left that rich-prick on the field, we got in the car to go home. I started to get a really bad headache a few minutes ago, so I didn't say anything. Thinking Derek was gonna stay quiet about this situation was a stupid idea.

"I'm not feeling well, can't we do this later." I sigh, probably with a pained expression on my face.

"Yeah we are absolutely gonna do this later." He repeats, putting emphasis on the word 'later'.

But before I can come up with a snarky remark, the headache gets worse.

My hands fly to the top of my head and I feel Derek stop the car on the side of the road. "Hey, you okay?" He asks. I grunt, then nod my head.

"You're looking really pale, someone gonna die?" Whenever a human close to a reaper or to an acquaintance of a reaper, is dying or is about to die, that reaper gets sick for as long as that person still has to live.

The more people a reaper knows, the bigger the amount of times a reaper gets sick is.

"Yes." I croak. Suddenly I feel this uncontrollable urge to fight. I feel my eyes flash, but it feels different.

Everything above my neck starts to hurt plus my hands.

In fact, my whole face hurts. Even my mouth.. Or should I say, teeth.

I close my eyes in pain, then suddenly The Hale House and Beacon Hills High School flash in front of my eyes.

I hear Derek start the car again and speed away. "I'm bringing you home now." He grumbles.

"No! The person who's gonna die is at the school!" I get out.

"Fine! I'll go to the school after I brought you home!" Derek argues.

-Teen Wolf-

"And stay in bed please." Derek says, holding my hand.

We got home and he immediately made me lay in bed. I'm lying in my dirty crop top and black jeans in our bed, wheezing like there's a brick in my throat that prevents me from breathing.

"Yeah whatev-..aah!" I grunt again. Still holding my head in my hands.

Derek presses his lips against my forehead and stands up. "I love you." He says and walks away. Minutes later I heard his car drive away.

Suddenly, I hear a growl.

All the pain disappears for a second then hits me like a brick.

I sit up and worm my feet back in my black Superstars, then grab my leather jacket with my right hand and drag it over the ground after me while I walk out the room.

Something calls me to walk down the stairs, out the house.

On the front porch, I stand still. Drop my jacket, and grab my head again. The pain gets worse.