Chuck's Death

"Who are they?" Chuck asked.

"I'm gonna break your shucking faces!" Minho yelled loudly.

"They are just watching us," Thomas looked to Casey, "what are they expecting us to do?"

Casey didn't answer.

"Case?" Newt nudged her, "You okay?"

Still no response.

"Case?" Newt asked again, nudging a little harder.

"Shut up!" Casey shoved him away. A tear rolled down her cheek. Newt stepped back, shocked. Casey looked back at the Creators. Her real associates. Newt did not step back to where he was before.

Casey wanted to say sorry so badly. But the Creators could not see that she had become friends. No, she had a job to do. But the hurt in his eyes. That killed her on the inside.

A door opened and two people walked into the room. Casey clenched her fists. She knew them to well. One of them was a lady. The other was a hooded figure, their face not showing.

"Welcome back." The lady spoke, "Two years, and not many dead. Extraordinary."

"Excuse me?" Newt stepped forwards. Next to Casey.

The lady did not answer. She pulled off the hood of the person standing next to her.

Gally.

Casey knew what was about to happen. She held onto Thomas' arm tightly. He looked at her and she loosened her grip but did not let go.

"You're safe now," the lady spoke again, "be at ease." Casey did not listen to Minho's rambling. She just whispered to Thomas.

"I am so sorry. I tried to stop them, but they said it has to be done." Another tear rolled down her cheek.

"What?" Thomas turned to her.

"You'll find out." She croaked.

Casey only snapped back when Newt said, "Gally, what's going on?"

Casey took a step forward.

"Gally! Don't please! Fight it!" She shouted. She ran forwards, only to feel hands wrapped around her. Newt.

"Please," her voice went to a whisper, "please don't."

Words burst from Gally's mouth,

"They...I don't...control..." He spluttered. He reached into his back pocket, pulling out a wicked-looking dagger.

Casey saw it happen in segments. The knife being thrown at Thomas. Hitting him instead.

Her body slackened. The arms around her loosening. Chuck falling. Then everything around her coming into fluent motion. Chuck laying lifeless on the ground. Thomas holding him. She stepped back, pressing into Newt's chest. She felt as if she could not move. She only felt his arms around her waist. She just cried.