Through the Tunnel

The pain in Casey's leg was agonising. But they were finally out of the Maze. The Griever that suspended him let Thomas fall to the floor. Casey limped over to him to help him up.

"Casey, your leg!" Thomas looked from her face to her leg. Casey saw the bloody cut that made her shin. It was disgusting.

"Oh," Casey commented, "didn't realise it was that bad." She ripped a part of her long sleeve of her shirt off to bandage it up.

After she had finished, she limped up to Chuck.

"I told you that we needed you." She pulled him into a hug. They all embraced in one group hug.

"What about everybody else?" Teresa snapped them all back to reality. And, as if to answer her, Minho, all battered and bruised, fell through the hole.

"Minho!" Thomas shouted, "Where is everyone else?"

"It is like a blood bath up there. I can't believe it actually worked." Minho leaned against the wall, exhausted.

Then, Newt came through the Hole.

"It worked." He also leaned against the wall, "Casey what happened to your leg?!"

"It's fine really." She replied, "You guys have faced a lot worse, so I'm more concerned how many of us survived."

A few more people came down. Winston, Frypan and others. Until there were twenty-one of them.

"Are there anymore?" Casey asked.

"Half of us," Newt's voice cracked, "Dead."

They all stood in silence.

Until Minho kept up his reputation for breaking it.

"I am gonna kill whose shucking idea it was to make Grievers." Minho stood up.

Casey pulled out her knife and dropped it beside her and put up her hands in surrender, "You can have a free shot if you want."

"What?!" Minho shouted.

"You keep bloody surprising me." Newt whispered.

"Well, it is a bit hard when you have a gun pressed to your head." Casey eyed them all.

After a long while, Minho spoke again.

"We gotta get out of here." He said.

"I heard a door open down that way." Thomas pointed. Without hesitation, Minho followed in that direction.

They all followed. Newt walked beside Casey.

"By the way," Casey reminded, "if you don't like what is to come, don't blame me."

"I was never going to." Newt whispered. He held her hand as then went through the tunnel.