Chapter 31

"Oh my gosh, will you please stop making faces at that baby and help me!" Alyssa said, annoyed. It was like the third time she said it. Alyssa's mom had decided to let her birthday party take place at a fancy hotel. Her dad apparently knows the owner so they get a discount.

Me, Megan, and a few other girls were invited to spend a night at the hotel, ordering room service and getting manicures. Her birthday isn't for a few more days but she asked me to come early and set up a bunch of decorations in the room they had reserved. Balloons, streamers, that kind of crap. We were hanging stuff up when a woman with a baby boy walked by.

Obviously I had to go see the little guy. Who can really resist a baby? "Sorry 'Lyss." I laughed and went back to work. "We should go swimming when we're done, the pool is awesome here." Alyssa said. "They have a hot tub right?" I asked. "Mm hm." "Well, you can go swimming, I could use a good soak." I said. I started blowing up balloons. I can't tie them for some reason, so I just hand them over to Alyssa.

"A good soak, huh? Still having boy troubles?" She asked. "Uh yeah, just one boy, Scott." I replied quickly. "Duh of course just Scott, who else would you be dealing with?" She said sarcastically. I kept quiet and waited for her to continue. "Have you talked to him lately?" "Not really, a few texts and stuff, but not really face to face." I sighed.

Truthfully I've wanting to talk to Scott like ridicilously bad. I don't even see the point of us staying on a break any more. I haven't figured out anything, plus what's the point of not being with him if I can't think straight without him? I've literally had a dream about both Scott, and Nathan each night of the week. It sucked. Who the hell do I like better? Hormones and love ruin everything.

Seriously. "That's too bad, are you planning on getting back together?" She asked. I bit my lip. "I just don't know!" I groaned. She chuckled. "Yeah, boys, they wander into your heart and pretty much screw everything up." She said. I nodded in agreement. We blew up and tied a bunch of balloons for awhile. "Hey Chloe..." "Yes?" "If I tell you something, will you not get like, um mad?" She asked.

I took a deep breath, not liking where this was going already. "Sure thing, what is it?" "Well...I kind of overheard Scott the other day at school talking with his friends, and they said they were coming here to swim." She explained. "Okay..." "They said they were coming to swim, today." "Oh." Neither of us spoke for a bit.

"So, is that the reason you wanted to go swimming?" I asked. She smiled sheepishly. I mulled this over. "I'm sorry Chloe, I just want you and Scott to get back together so bad, you two are like my dream couple. The couple I look up to and want all my relationships to be like." She said. "Lyss, we're not that perfect, why would you look up to us anyways?" I asked, confused.

"You and Scott have been boyfriend and girlfriend for a whole year, that's crazy for high school. And even though you guys haven't done 'it' he still loves you. I don't see why you can't just kiss and make up already." She said while shaking her head. I felt uncomfortable having this conversation with her. She doesn't know about me being completely in love with both Nathan and Scott.

"It's not that simple 'Lyss." I said. "What's your biggest problem with each other?" She asked. I looked at her. How I desperately I wanted to just tell her absolutely everything, but of course, I can't. She would hate me if I even mentioned that first drunk kiss with Nathan. "I needed space." Was my smartest reply. "Why, was he too clingy or something?"

"No not at all, I've just been having mixed feelings lately." I said. I hoped she would drop it. Wishful thinking. "We both just needed a break, that's it." "Alright, you guys have problems, what good couple doesn't though?" "Can we please stop talking about?" I begged. "Fine." I did a few more balloons before taking a break. I was feeling light headed anyways. Ha.

"I think we have enough balloons for now. Hmm, what is your opinion on bubbles?" She asked. "Uh why?" "Oh I was considering buying some of those coloured ones to use as party favours, good idea or not?" "Well...Do I get some?" I asked with a smile. She rolled her eyes. "Obviously, you're helping me set stuff up, take ten bottles if you'd like."

"Cool! I'm holding you to that." I said. "Oh my gosh, you know what I just remembered?" She said excitedly. "Hm?" She got up and sifted through a big box of decorations. "I have some bubbles already!" She said and held up a few small bottles. "Bubbles huh?" She nodded, grinning. "Well let's play with em!" I shouted. We spent nearly a whole hour messing around playing with those bubbles.

Making up games and taking turns. I'm willing to bet that the people in the room next to us were probably wondering what kind of crazy toddlers were in here laughing like crazy. "Hey, do you possibly want to go down and look at the pool?" Alyssa asked once all the bottles were empty. "You mean, go down and see if Scott is here yet?" I asked with sarcasm. She shrugged.

"Lyss..." "Come on, we can swim and you can talk to Scott, patch things up maybe." She said and pulled me out the door. We took the elevator down to the pool area. I personally love hotel pools. So warm and fun. I walked hesitantly around the shallow end keeping watch for Scott- Crap! He was already there with a bunch of his football buddies.

He was shirtless, wearing dark red swim trunks, and his hair was all wet and messy from the water. He looked hot as hell. Sigh. "Chloe! Hey sweetheart, what are you doing here?" He asked in total surprise. Without seeming to think about it he pulled against his chest and hugged me. "Um Scott.." I mumbled. "Oh sh_t I'm sorry." he said and quickly pulled away.

"It's okay, not that wet." I said. That was a lie, you could just about see through my shirt. He blushed and took a step back. "Uh, so what were you doing here again?" He asked. "Right, I came with Alyssa to set up a room, her birthday's coming up." I said. "Oh yeah, forgot about that, should probably get her a gift or something." He said. "You don't have to.." He shrugged.

We stood there awkwardly for a few moments. "Are you guys done setting up?" He asked. "Yep, all finished." I replied. "Well then, why don't you come swimming with me and the guys? 'Lyss can too." He suggested with a smile. "Okay, I'll go get 'Lyss and change, wait for us?" He nodded. Me and Alyssa went back upstairs and changed into our bathing suits.

We swam with the guys for a couple hours. It was a lot of fun. Me and Scott together, we laughed and flirted. It was like nothing had changed between us. We managed to sneak off by ourselves into the hot tub. "Hey Chloe, um, today's been...Just amazing." Scott said, smiling all adorable. "Yeah, it has been great." I mumbled. I knew what was coming.

Any minute Scott was going to ask to get back together. And honestly... I actually wanted him to bring it up. I want to be with him again. "Chloe I was wondering uh-" He stopped for a moment to move a little closer. I hoped my face wasn't too flushed from the hot water. "Yes?" "I was wondering if you've had enough space and stuff." he said. I bit my lip.

Scott's eyes are so special. "I think so." I said quietly. He inched a bit closer. "Really?" He asked. I nodded. "So does this mean what I think it means?" "I don't know, what do you think it means?" I teased. "It sounds, like we're back together." he said. I smiled. He leaned down kissed me gently, but fiercely enough to make me want more.

"So we're a couple?" he asked when I pulled away. "Yes Scott, we're a couple." And just like that we were back together. I was so happy, and yet I felt absolutely heartbroken over what I was going to do about Nathan.