Chapter 14

The Halloween dance had really left me feeling like crap. It was the next morning, Halloween morning. I was laying in bed wanting to just forget the whole thing had even happened. I rolled over and stuck my face into a pillow. First Scott leaves me there to be his friends' personal driver. Then Nathan drops me for Alyssa. Unfortunatly I was more upset about the second thing. Alyssa had called me a few times, probably to tell me how fantastic her night had gone, I don't know, I didn't answer. If I had answered her calls I would have been very unpleasant to her. Ugh. I hate being angry with my best friend, especially when she dosen't even know I'm angry.

Mum was at work, she had left early. Benji was downstairs playing his Xbox. And I was in bed wishing I could redo the past two months. Tonight mom had asked me if I could pass out candy to the kids that came to the door. Trick or treaters, little monsters coming to my house asking for candy, just what I wanted to deal with today. Dad had sent me a picture of Lola in her costume on my phone. She was going to be a ladybug. She did look adorable, but even that didn't do much to improve my mood. It was nearly noon when I finally left my bedroom. Laying in bed was depressing me...Plus I had to pee. Ha. I went downstairs and chilled on the sofa with Benji.

"Want to play with me?" Benji asked, gesturing to the Xbox. "No thanks B." I replied dully. He surveyed me. "You okay sis?" He asked, looking concerned. I love Benji so much. He's like the perfect brother. After my parents got divorced we sort of banned together, taking care of each other when were depressed or upset. I smiled. "Just had a bad night." I said. He frowned. "Did Scott do something, cause if he did, I'll beat him up if you'd like." He said and winked. We laughed. "Naw, I'm fine bud." I said and patted the top of his head. I watched him play Halo for a long time. We had lunch then went back to the living room and put on tv. Spongebob was on. "You ever notice how many facial exspressions Spongebob has?" I asked with a laugh. "Yeah." Benji replied with a grin. It was starting to get late in the day.

Both Benji and I were still in our pajamas. Talk about a wasted day. Around 5 there was a knock on the front door. I sighed and went to it. Probably some of the first kids to get candy. I opened the door to see Nathan standing on the porch. I stared at him totally surprised. "Trick or treat." He said with a smile. My eyes narrowed. "What, you're not going to offer me some candy?" He asked, smile fading slightly. "How did you know this was my house?" I asked rudely. Seeing his handsome face just made feel hurt all over again. I knew I had no right to feel that way, He's not my boyfriend. But still. He frowned at my tone.

"I asked Alyssa, told her I needed to talk to you." He said. Alyssa, of course. Now I was really pissed. They talked about me, ugh. "So...Can I come in?" He asked when I didn't say anything else. "No." I said simply. He sighed. "Okay Chloe, something's obviously wrong, so instead of just glaring at me, why don't you tell me what it is." He said. He looked kind disappointed that I hadn't invited him in. Good. "I don't really want to talk to you Nathan, or see you for that matter. If you could just leave, I'd be a lot happier." I said and started to close the door. He put his foot in the way to block it. "I'm not leaving until I know what exactly I did to piss you off like this." He said, a bit of impatience in his tone. I chewed on the inside of my cheek not meeting his eyes.

What could I possibly say? I'm mad because my bestfriend likes you, and I think you might like her back? Seeing her arms around your neck makes me feel sick? Lately I wish Scott didn't exist so I could be with you? God, this sucked. "Oh." He mumbled suddenly. I looked up at him. "You're mad because...Yeah, I see now." He was talking to himself. "This has to do with Alyssa, dosen't it?" He asked gently. "No." I said quickly, but my eyes dropped to the ground. He sighed deeply. "Chloe, are you upset that I danced with her?" He asked. "I um, well I think that if you two are going to date then just say so." I made up, avoiding the question. I couldn't have him knowing that I have a thing for him. He looked at me for such a long time that I finally had to ask what he was thinking about.