Chapter 12

So it's a Tuesday night in October. It's rainy and cold like most October nights tend to be. Benji is staying with a friend for the night, and mum is working late. I have the house to myself. I'm in my bedroom where delicious strawberry scented candles are burning and my homework is strewn across my desk. Oh, and Scott and I are making out on my bed. Ha. I asked him to come over the second mum said she was going to be home late. Have to take advantage of time with your boyfriend whenever you can, right?

We went straight to my room, trying, at first, to do the homework Mr. Goodman had assigned. But we're teenagers alone together in a bedroom, what would you do? He's almost completely on top of me, not that I mind. My hands are securely in his hair. I have a thing for guys hair. His hands are, well, everywhere really. I have a feeling that our lips are both going to be quite puffy in the morning. Great. I bite his lip gently making him groan slightly. We've ben making out like this for awhile. I know what he wants to do next, and surprisingly I want that to. But... I start to think about, or over think about it to be more exact. He pulls away to kiss the side of my neck, giving me a chance to catch my breath.

"Scott." I practically gasp, embarrassing. "Mmhh?" He mumbles against my throat. "Scott, I think...I think we should stop." I say much cleare this time. "Why?" He mumbles again. "Um, condoms, birth control, pregnancy, diseases, unstable emotions, take your pick." I say. He pulls back with a sigh. "Still not ready?" He guesses. "Well it's not really about me not being ready, I'm more ready than I was a few months ago, but I am worried about all that stuff I just said." I explain. He looks at me face smiling a little. Why do boys have such adorable smiles? Ugh. "You aren't worried about that stuff?" I ask skepticly. He rolls his eyes. "Yeah I guess, but I'm a guy, and those kind of things don't always come to mind in the heat of the moment." He says with a laugh.

I scowl up at him. He just smiles back. I grab his hand and hold it against my cheek. "I'm sorry I'm not ready yet, I know how bad you want to." I say, actually feeling bad about it. "Don't worry Chloe I'll survive." He laughs. We go back to kissing but the mood's not the same, way less urgency. It's starts to rain harder out. Scott rolls over next to me. We watch the rain through my window catching our breaths. Scott checks my alarm clock and sits up stretching. "I should probably go, the rains gonna make it harder to drive home in." He says and stands up. I stand up too and kiss the back of his neck. "Aww can't you stay a little longer?" "Come on Chloe, you know how my mom freaks if I'm late for curfew." He says while pulling on his jacket. "See tomorrow." He says and gives me a kiss, then he's gone.

God, how I must have looked to him. Like a total tease, like a frigid prude. If I was a superhero I could be called the Ice Queen, or is that already taken? I blow out the candles and go to bed. The Ice Queen felt pretty disappointed with herself. The next morning I trudged through the rain to my car. Next door Buddy was sitting by the fence getting soaked. I felt bad for him until he started to run for me. I quickly hopped into the car and left for school. I got there right before the first bell rang. I didn't get to talk to Scott because I was late but our eyes met in the hallway. He grinned in a way that made me feel like blushing. I hoped the rain wouldn't ruin my day but it was certainly taking a toll.

Every class dragged on, Mr. Goodman gave me a D on a quiz, you can't really blame that on the rain though, he's always a jerk. And to top off my crappy day I realized that Holly was still trying to steal Scott. In different classes I would see her smiling at him, or fluttering her eyelashes like some ditzy idiot. I'm usually pretty nice, but Holly rubs me the wrong way, especially on this day. I could deal with her acting all cute and crap if she didn't dress the way she did. Her top was so slow I wondered why she even bothered wearing a shirt in the first place.

I'm always so self conscious. I could never pull off wearing the stuff she does, I just don't have the body for it unfortunately. Oh well. It was lunch now. Scott and Alyssa were at our usual table in the middle of the cafeteria with me. Megan and some of Scott's friends were with us too. My head was resting on my arm. I stared at my lunch not feeling the least bit hungry. The rain had made my hair really frizzy so I had to wear a sweatshirt with the hood pulled up. Talk about feeling unattractive. Scott was talking to his friends, oblivious to my sour mood. Alyssa was chattering away about Nathan like always. Megan was keeping the conversation going so I didn't have to contribute much. They at least could sense that I wasn't in the mood for gossip. Girls intuition, ya know?