That One Summer ch 24

Hello! Finally finished this chapter! I've been having writter's block! :l

Buut I've been inspired! I think I have an ending, and it's coming pretty soon! :(

Enjoy!

Comment, Vote, Fan, <3

        -Thomas-

    I stared at the screen, acting like I was watching the movie, but I couldn't focus. I can't believe I'm here. I looked at my right and smiled as I watched Mallory eat popcorn while her eyes were glued to the screen. I couldn't pull my eyes away from her beautiful face. A tear managed to fall from her eye. I looked up at the movie and saw that the guy had died. I had no idea what the hell we were watching, but Mallory seemed to love it. She reached over and grabbed my hand in my lap. I kissed the back of her hand. She looked at me and smiled a little, then went back to watching the movie. I tried my best no to sigh.

    I looked around the theatre and realized that I'm the only dude here. I slumped a little in my seat.

    When the movie was finally over, I stood up and stetted my arms, yawning.    "Aw, I 'm sorry Thomas. Were you bored." Mallory asked, taking my hand again. We headed for the door.

    I shook my head. "No, I'm fine. Where should we eat? Its…" I looked at my watch. "Eleven forty-five. Anywhere you wanna go?"

    Mallory opened her mouth to reply, but then a short girl with brown hair and big blue eyes squealed Mallory's name. Mallory turned around and gasped, smiling.

    "Melinda! Gosh, how are you? It's been so long!" They hugged each other and I stuffed my hands into my jean pockets and leaned against the wall.

    They started talking about what they're doing in life and school, blah, blah, blah.

    "Oh, who is this, tall, dark and handsome boy right here?" Melinda? I think that's her name, said.

    "Oh!" Mallory giggled. "This is my boyfriend, Thomas! Thomas, this is my half-sister, Melinda!"

    "Hey." I shook Melinda's hand before turning toward Mallory.

    "You never told me you had a half-sister."

    "Oh, I have two half-brothers too. Remember? My mother is a slut?"

    "Hey now, that's my mother too!" Melinda joked. Both the girls giggled.

    "Really? Why didn't you mention them?" I asked. I can't help but feel a bit hurt. We tell each other every thing…well almost everything. Everything except-

    "We don't really like to talk about each other unless we're all together. It's weird, sorry. We all hate mom." Mallory shrugged her shoulders before she wrapped her arms around my torso.

    "Are you mad at me?" She mumbled. I shook my head.

    "No, if my mom was like that, I'm pretty sure I would do that same!"

    "Aw, baby." She squeezed me in her arms. I hugged her back.

    "Well you two carry on with your date!" She winked at Mallory.

    "Okay! Bye! Bobby, Nick you and I should get together sometime!" Mallory called over her shoulder as we headed out the door. I heard a faint reply, but didn't bother to turn around to say bye or anything to Melinda.

    At the diner that Mallory picked, she ordered herself a waffle and orange juice while I ordered a hamburger and fires, along with a large chocolate shake.

    "So how old is Melinda?" I asked as I shoved a fry in my mouth.

    "She's sixteen." Mallory replied before she stole a sip of my shake.

    "Oh. And who's Bubby and Nathan?"   

    "It's Bobby and Nick, silly." She smiled at me, her eyes brightening. Just like-

    "And Bobby is fourteen and Nick is twelve."

    "Wow. And you're what? Eighty?"

    "Thomas!" She gasped and slapped my shoulder. I laughed.

    "I'm kidding! Love you!"

    "Love you too! What should we do now?" She asked, putting her fork down, telling me she's done eating.

    "We could…drive around town? You can show me around?" I suggested.

    "Okay! Let's go!"

        --Mallory--

    We were getting close to the park.

    "Let's stop here!" I pointed at the park.

    "Mmkay!" He said and parked. I got out and looked up the stars.

    "It's beautiful." I smiled.

    "You are." Thomas said.

    My face heated up, and I ducked my head, causing hair to fall over my face. I felt Thomas' hand brush away the strands of hair.

    "Don't hide your gorgeous face." He whispered and then brought my lips to his for a deep kiss. He pulled away, and I gasped for air.

    We started walking around. I felt Thomas tense up next to me. I looked up at him and saw him looking at a place in the darker part of the park.

    "What's wrong?"

    "Is there uh-is there a bathroom around here? Like maybe, over there?" He asked, glancing over to the darker part of the park.

    "Uh, yeah. Over there." I pointed over to the northern end of the park, and Thomas dropped my hand and said thank you before quickly walking to the shadows.

    I sat down on a bench, wondering why he seems so jumpy and tense all of a sudden.

    I waited. And waited, and waited, and waited. He didn't come back. I checked the time on my phone.

    2:17.

    We got here at 1:30 and he left me at 1:45.

    I debated for awhile if I should go check on him.

    I bit my thumb.

    Finally, I got up and went over to the outhouse thingies.   

    "Thomas?" I called out softly. No response. I knocked on the door. No on answered. I opened it and saw that it was empty.

    "Alright, Thomas, this isn't funny. Come out!" I wrapped my arms around me. It's getting a bit chilly.

    I heard voices coming from over where the wall was. I walked over.

    "No! Stop following me. I came here to get away from you! And now you're here. What the hell?! I'm tired of this. I'm here for her! Not you!"

    "Thomas! Why are you saying that?! I didn't know that-"

    "You don't know shit about me!"

    I walked around the wall and I nearly passed out.

    I gasped and both their heads snapped up, looking at me.

    "Mallory! This ins't what it looks-"

    "Mallory!" She said. I felt my body shake.

    "You…" I whispered.