That One Summer ch.15

Chapter 15

~Mallory~

It’s been two weeks since Thomas and I became official. And now we’re back at the house.

When we came home, we found a note from Kelly on the TV.

“Tom Tom,

I decided to leave early. A guy from Italy called me and asked if I wanted to stay with him for the rest of the summer. It’s way more fun than here with that bitch.

Love you! Xoxo”

I giggled.

“Tom Tom.”

“Shut it.” He crumpled the paper up,

“Haha, you know you love me!” I sang as I danced up the stairs to my room. When I opened the door, all my clothes that I left in here were scattered around the room. The picture of my dad and I was thrown onto the floor with the glass pieces surrounding the frame. I gasped. My curtains were all cut up and torn. My bed had no sheets. There was a note.

“Pay back’s a bitch, right bitch?”

She calls me bitch all the time. Couldn’t she at least try to come up with a creative name?

“Oh my god!” I turned around and saw Thomas standing in the doorway, his mouth open wide and his eyes bulging out of his sockets. I sniffed.

“Why the hell would she do this?!”

I held out the note and he read it. His face got scrunched up.

“This doesn’t make sense.”

“She’s pretty much in love with you.”

“She means nothing to me.”

“I know. Well, mom is going to be so mad at me. I’m dead.”

“How are you dead? It’s Kelly’s fault!”

I stared at him. “We left a guest here. We just ditched her. It’s our fault.”

He just opened his mouth to respond but nothing came out.

“I’m so right.” I poked his stomach and he squirmed away.

I laughed.

“Let’s clean this up. We can give it a make-over. The way you want it.”

“Really?!” I hugged him.

“I think this deserves more than a hug.” He smirked. I smiled at him and leaned in, but pulled away quickly and ran to my bathroom to take a shower. I locked the door and turned around and saw that she trashed my bathroom too.

Fantastic.

She wrote on my mirror with lipstick. Guess what she wrote?

Yep…

She wrote ‘Bitch!”

My towels were everywhere and all my shampoo and conditioner bottles where empty.

“Aw shit.” I mumbled. I walked over to Thomas’ room. He was lying on his bed reading a piece of paper.

“Knock, knock.” I said as I just walked in. He looked up and smiled a little.

“What’s that?”

“Another note.” He handed it to me. I scanned the page.

“My Tommy-Bear, you don’t know how much I really liked you, but I see that you like Mallory. She’s actually a nice girl. She deserves you, and after all I’ve done to her. Started rumors and I just ruined her room. You’re lucky to have her in your life. I wish I could start over with her.

            Anyways, I’m leaving. You don’t have to deal with me if you don’t want to. Have a nice life,

Love, Kelly.

P.S—You better not let her read this!!”

I smiled at the letter. Aww, she’s so sweet.

Oh my god. What am I saying.

“Whoa.” I said.

“Yeah, whoa.”

“Can I borrow your shampoo and conditioner? Guess who spilled mine out.”

“Wow. She’s harsh. Yeah, just take a shower in mine. There’s extra towels.”

“Thanks.” I pecked his cheek.

“I think that deserves more th-“

“Save it.”

“Sorry.” He looked back at the letter with a thoughtful look on his face.

Ah, he thinks! Just kidding, I wonder what would happen if I said that out loud.

I didn’t dare open my mouth though. I walked in his bathroom and locked the door.

I took a quick shower, enjoying just smelling his shampoo. It smells so damn good!

When I was done, I dried off, then realized I didn’t bring any clean clothes. Man, I am dumb. I wrapped the towel around my body and grabbed my clothes and walked out.

“Ooh god.” Thomas groaned when he saw me.

“Don’t eye rape me…eyes to yourself!” I said, feeling my cheeks heat up. I ran out of the room and slammed the door.

I looked around my floor and found a dark blue summer dress. I found a bra and underwear. I pulled them on. I looked in the mirror and saw that this dress is really low cut and short.

Hmm. Should I wear this? I’m too lazy to find more clothes. This’ll do. I brushed through my hair and let it do its thing, flying everywhere. I walked back to Thomas’ room and hopped on the bed.

He glaceed up then looked back at his book. Then his eyes shot to my chest. Maybe this dress was not a good idea.

“Uh, yeah, my eyes are up here, bucko.”

“What?” He asked a bit dazed. I sighed and snuggled up with him while he read. And I guess we fell asleep.

We were awoken my mom’s yelling.

Shit.