That One Summer ch.21

--Hello my lovely people! :) How are ya'll?

I actually have caught a cold :( But it's okay!!

Just wanted to let you all know that you won't be reading Thomas' POV for awhile...Sorry.

Anyways, read!

And don't forget to...comment, vote, <3

--Mallory--

"And the answer is...?"

I raised my hand.

"Ms.Holloway?"

"I got thirty six."

"Good job! And now..." But I didn't hear what else Mr.Pac had to say. I zoned out. I did my part. Once you answer a question to show that you understand what's going on in class, Mr.Pac doesn't make you do anything else.

Such an easy class.

I sighed and gazed out the window. I thought about what has happened this past summer.

My mom is now with some rich-ass man who treats her like shit, but she called me and said that she's fine. I never told her how I was, or that I loved her when she told me that she did. She said she was sorry over a billion times, but I never said anything.

My dad and Kacey are thinking about adopting after I'm gone. Over the summer, Kacey found out that she can't conceive, so she's spoiled me so much more.

Because I'm all lonely and depressed, I'm taking advantage of it. She's already booked me a plane ticket to go down to Cali for Christmas break. 

I'm counting down to it. A month left!

I grinned at the thought of seeing Thomas again.

"Hello? Earth to Mal?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see Joey standing in front me.

"Oh, hey Joey."  I smiled and got up.

"You've been sitting here for three minutes." He laughed.

"Your point?"

"Well, class got out three minutes ago. Lemme guess, you were thinking about that guy. The one that Kent hates. Uh..." He snapped his fingers. "Uh, what's his face?" He scrunched his face up. I stared at him.

"How did you know?"

"Psh. We all know. The whole school knows." He scoffed like it was no big deal.

"What? No. How?"

"Kent told the football team."

"That bast-"

The bell rang.

"Ooh, goodie!" Joey grabbed my hand and started to skip.

"Lunch!"

I could't help it, I started skipping with him.

"Gosh Joey. I love you!"

"Aw. I love you too french fry." He smiled at me. We stopped skipping and walked over to our table in the cafeteria.

"Hey girls!" I smiled at Rachel and Megan.

"Ay guuurl! So I heard about your boy toy!" Rachel winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't have boy toys like you do, Rach." I stole her fork and took a bite from her salad. She gasped.

"What? I don't have boy toys...I just have...fun." She giggled. Right then, Mike Phillips walked by. She winked and she winked back.

"Mm-hmm. Fun." I smiled and stole a cookie from Joey.

Then Kent came to the table, and we all got quite. It was so awkward. I looked up at him. He looked at all of us. He had a frown on his face and then when he met my eyes, he glared.

"Why are we all so quite?"

"Uh, well you see, dude.." Joey started.

"Don't start with the funny shit." Kent hissed at him. Joey nodded his head and then stared at Megan. Megan shook her head, but Joey nodded. I stared at the two of them. What's going on here?

Megan's shoulders slumped and she cleared her throat.

"So, Kent. I was thinking. You wanna double date with me? I can set you up with a girl and you can come with me and my boyfriend to a movie."

Kent looked at me before asking, "Who would the girl be?"

Megan bit her lip and looked around the room.

"How about Sasha?"

"Sasha Frisher?" He raised a brow and turned to look at the blond.

"She's adorable!" I gushed. He turned around and stared me in the eye.

"Not as adorable as someone I know."

I looked down at my hands before standing up.

"I gotta go. Uh, bye." I ran out of the room.

I walked outside in the fall breeze. I closed my eyes and let the wind blow my hair around. I smiled a little. It's nice to have some peace.

My phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. It was my mom.

"Hello?"

I nearly dropped my phone...

CLIFF HANGER!

And it's short :(

Okay, well what do you think is gonna happen?! :)

Sorry it's super boring and mainly just a filler. But I just felt bad for not posting this in awhile. I'll try and upload something soon!

~~xoxo