That One Summer ch.13

That One Summer Chapter 13

~Mallory~

I gasped for breath and put my hands on my knees. God I was tired. Asher has dragged me while he 'slowly' jogged. I looked up at him. He was smiling and had his hands on his hips and looking at something. 

"Beautiful, isn't it!" he asked not even looking at me. I followed his gaze. And what I saw was breath taking. The sun was going down and setting colors of orange and pink onto the glistening water. 

"Wow." I whispered. "It's wonderful. It's something I could stare at forever." 

"I know something else I could stare at forever." Asher said. I turned my head and saw he was just staring at me. I felt my cheeks redden a bit. I cleared my throat and looked back at the water quickly. 

"Is this all of the town that you're going to show me?" I asked not daring to look at him. I'm not sure what I'd do. Would I try to kiss him or would I try to smack him? I have bipolar feelings for this guy. He seems like someone that I would either love a lot, or hate with a dying passion, it's not even funny.  

"Well, we could walk around downtown if you'd like. Maybe do some window shopping until it gets dark and then we can get something to eat from my favorite place." He suggested. I nodded my head quickly. Anything to get away from here. I find this place very romantic. Just two people sitting on a cliff looking out to the sunset at the ocean. And it doesn't really feel right being here with Asher knowing that at the lighthouse, Thomas is probably super pissed at me and having a heart attack because he has no clue where I went or who I went with. 

"Uh," I started, trying to think of something we could talk about. "What's your favorite place to eat?" 

"Oh, it's this great Italian place! It's called RayRay's and its been here since this town has started out. Best place in town." He sounded super excited about eating there.  

"But..."  

Aw crap, I hate buts. 

"Theres this girl who works there, Zoey, and she's sorta obsessed with me. You're going to be a senior too, right?"  

"Yep." 

"Okay, so this chick is going to be a sophomore, and she's so in love with me. She was in my math class." 

"So, she was in your math or you were in her math?" 

"Oh gosh, I suck at math. Ad she super good at it, she only has to take like, two more years of math cause she's that freaking good." He laughed and grabbed my hand, pulling me down the slope with him.

------------

Asher opened the door to RayRay's and a bell jingled. 

"Welcome to RayRay's. How many-" The waitress looked up from the hostess desk she was standing at and her eyes grew wide. 

"Oh! Asher. Hey. Table for one?" She smiled at him. "I'll get you your medium pepsi and-" She was talking really fast but then stopped talking all together when she spotted me. 

"Oh." Her voice went flat. 

"I guess you need a table for two?" She sounded pissed. 

"Um, yes." Asher said, sounding a bit scared. 

"Ugh. Follow me." 

She started walking the back and I started to follow but Asher grabbed my hand and pulled me close and then brought his lips to my ear and whispered, "That's Zoey." I felt my mouth form an 'o' 

This is going to be a long night.

------

-Thomas-

I've been pacing back and forth in the living room.

Were the hell could Mallory be?

I've tried calling her phone, only to hear her ring tone come from her room. She left it plugged up to the socket, charging.

It is a compete understatement to say that I'm worried. I mean, she left the house at five and it almost midnight now. Who was that other guy?! Is she cheating on me? Is it cheating if we're not even dating?

Then, the door opened, and I saw Mallory standing there covered in spaghetti.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

I know it's not much, and probably has a gazillion typos, bur I wrote this on my itouch in the denver airport. I'm going back to Fairbanks Alaska!! I went to visit my great-grandmother. I'm going to miss her so much :'(

Anyways, vote comment <3