Back to the water

I might type a little slow, I was bitten in the index finger by a feral, vicious hamster! <gasp> Actually, I may have woken said hamster (named Cocoa) up in the middle of the night so I could play with it. Maybe.

Disclaimer: The hamster has The Mentalist, not me. 

---------------------

Still Lisbon's P.O.V. 

I pull up to the park, with a car behind me, carrying Cho, Rigsby and Van Pelt. Somehow, Jane ended up with me. Lucky day. I pop out, not bothering to wait for goldilocks, and speed towards the gate, team behind me. Rigsby and Van Pelt go ahead to question the police. I flash my badge to a park attendant.

Her eyes blink with recognition, "You're that chick who wrestled that guy! You go, girl!"

"Uh. Thanks," I slowly say. I can here Jane chuckling, so I shoot him a frown. This makes him laugh harder.  I follow the line of cop cars, until I see the yellow tape. I duck under it, and head towards the body. 

"Caucasian, female, looks to be around 25-26. Found by the lifeguard over there," the coroner lists off. I smile in thanks, and step forward to examine the body.

"Do you see what I see?" Jane sings from behind. Oh, crap.

"What. I'm not in the mood for guessing games." I snap.

"Come on, Lisbon. This is obvious!" He gesures to the body. I look it over, wring my hands in frustration. I don't see what he could possibly be getting at.

"Just tell me." I order.

"Notice how the neck is broken. That's the cause of death. She's lying face down in a pool of blood, but that only appears to be from a nose-bleed, as if she was punched," he moves to lift up her head, pointing towards her pointy nose.

 "Oh. So the gun that Eddie supposedly 'found' has nothing to do with this.." I realize.

"Possibly. At least she wasn't killed with it," He explains. I nod. I slide my gloves on, and check for her wallet. Of course, it's missing. Thus, it may have been a mugging, and we have no identification. No automatic one anyway, I'll either have to send in samples to the forensics, or maybe one of the local police recognize her. 

"Do we have any identification?" I shout.

"Nope, we'll have to wait for forensics," Cho states. Great.

"Okay, you guys can have her," I announce. I head back towars the car, and gesture for the team to follow.  "Did you guys get a word in with the lifeguard?" 

"I didn't get to question him, but I did get his number," Van Pelt mentions.

Jane wolf-whisles. "Score, Grace!"

"Shut up," she blushes.

"Not professional, man," Rigsby mutters.

"So. anythig you pick up on besides the broken neck?" I ask.

"Well, the lifeguard seemed mildly worried and a little scared. Not from guilt, probably from something else. As if he knew who she was, and they had a history. Something bad, he might be a little glad that it's covered up. Either that, or it's because he's missing his lunch break to talk to cops, and he's worried about who ever killed that woman. The woman was wearing nice jeans and a lacey long-sleeved shirt, although it was 93 degrees earlier today, which means she came here during the night. Heels and the small amount of jewelry suggest that she was here on important buisness. She was lying face down, head pointing towards the park. As you know, she was hit in the face with something, hard. She probably saw someone. That person hit her, and she turns to go get help. Then, snap, the person breaks her neck," Jane finishes, "I think you were wrong to release Eddie so quickly."

"It was your idea!" I protest. He smirks. I open the door of my car, and climb in. "Jane, you coming?"

"Meh. No. I'd rather stay here, then go do whatever you're about to do." He heads in the other direction. Of course. I beckon for Rigsby to come with me. He gets in, and I pull away.

--------------------------------------------------

Not much to say here, except comment, vote, and subscribe! Do it or I'll send the IAORBGFK to come get you! Oh, and if you guess what that stands for, you get an automatic dedication!  (If no one gets it, I'll tell you. And, @silverlynx216 this doesn't include you. I know you already know what it is)

-Razzl3