Lisbon's day off

Disclaimer: I wonder if Bruno Heller would give me the mentalist if I traded him for this stack of homework I have? No?

-------------------

Lisbon's P.O.V.

I amble down the path paved with glittery stones. I'm finally taking a day off and I'm in the park. I don't know why I thought park. I just did. Plus, it's the same park that me and Jane came to whne he lost his memory. He couldn't remember me, which hurt a lot more than it should, considering the reason why. I stop under a big tree, and absentmindedly hop onto a low branch, like I would do with my brothers. I lean against the bark.

I file through all the things tumbling through my mind, trying to untie the knot. Most of them involved Jane. I know that I really like him, even though I'm always aware of how against the rules that is. I think I like him at leats. I don't know, I mean, he can be so caring and sweet and charming....all these things that make me want to just ignore reason and just be with him. That's just it, though. Being with him is pretty stupid. He is my freaking consultant! If there is anything I've learned from working with him is that he can be annoying, arrogant, and so...there isn't even a word to describe it. He's busy with Red John always. He loves his dead family more than any living person right now. I have to expect that. When he's not busy wih his ghoulish obsession, he's actually himself. I have never met someone that I want to simontaneously kiss and strangle at the same time. He is just so Jane-ish.

"Stupid mentalist" I mutter.

"I'm pretty sure that's an oxymoron" corrects a voice above me. I fall out of the tree letting out a stream of cuss words. I land on my back. Looking up, I see Jane perched in a tree, a few branches above me. The light coming through the bright green leaves dapples his hair, making it shine in the late-summer light. I almost have to physically stop my mouth from dropping.

"I'm guessing you're okay, but if you were injured, your first priority would still be swearing at me." he says, sounding mellow.

"Why?" I shout, referring to the fact that he's in a tree.

"I don't know, I just didn't feel like being at work. I remembered this park, so I went to it. I saw you and climbed a tree," he explains.

"You scared the crap out of me," I yell from the ground.

"I know. That was fun," he replies. I pick myself up and march away. He quickly catches up, walking next to me. "Admit it. You were terrified."

"Nooo. I wasn't" I insist.

"You just said that I 'scared the crap out of you'" he smirks.

"Shut up." I command.

"I knew it." he taunts.

"Shut up." I repeat.

"Is that an order?"

"Yes."

"Well, okay then."

"Bye. " I walk faster. See, this is exactly what I was thinking about. I turn around to see him smiling his 1000-watt smile, and I can't help but notice that the first three buttons of hir shirt have come undone, showing off his lightly tanned chest. I drag my eyes away as I feel my cheeks warm up. Crap. I spin around, making sure that he doesn't see me blush.

"See you, Rosy" he calls, notifying that he saw my pink face. How did he even manage from this distance? I don't even know, but I guess that's Jane for you.

----------------------

Jane's P.O.V.

Lisbon is so adorable when she's blushing. I hope I didn't make her mad when I scared her out of the tree. I doubt it, she looked kind of amused under that furiousness. Recently, though, I haven't been able to get a good read on her. It's like she put up her invisible barriers, trying to prevent me from knowing what's going on in her wonderfully complecated mind. Its surprising, because it takes true skill to block me out. She must be very talented.

It's driving me crazy.

"Cho?" I call seeking help, "What happens when you don't know what is going on in a woman's mind, and you can't read her feelings?"

"Normality."

--------------

Thank you guys for commenting, and voting and subscribing <wink wink>

-Razzl3