Help from Elvis

Hey, short chapter now, but I thought I should do something from Jane's P.O.V... Any hoo, Please vote, comment, add, and follow!  You know, I've always thought that 'following' people is so creepy. Why don't they call it 'subscribing'? Or 'Like', which is the word people use when they're afraid to say love. Exhibit A. Jane and Lisbon. Mostly Lisbon. Ok, enough of my ranting..

Disclaimer: Would I be writing fanfiction if I owned the mentalist?!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jane's P.O.V

I lay on my wonderful couch, trying to relax. I can't seem to get that kiss out of my head, though. I haven't slept well since then, even though it was eight and a half days ago. I haven't felt like this since when Angela was still alive. Oh, Angela. She would have wanted me to move on, and she would have loved Lisbon. I love Lisbon. I think. I don't know. I mean, I'm still in love with Angela, even though I know she is never coming back. Besides, anyone close to me is automatically a target, and I would never endanger Lisbon. I won't rest until Red John is dead. That is really all I can focus on now. And, on top of that, it is against the rules, and I love being Lisbon's consultant. It give me the most opportunities to get on her nerves, which is my favorite pastime.

Still, when we kissed, I felt happier than I have in 10 years. It was like fire, rushing through my veins, burning away my grief. I remember her lips on mine, moving fast, convinced that any moment I would pull away, and that everything would be regretted.

I stare up at the waterstain that so closely resembles Elvis. 

"Relax. I say, wait for her to come to you," I imagine it saying. This makes me wonder whether I should go back to the insane asylum. I decide to take Elvis's advice, despite the fact that he's a talking waterstain. I know she feels the same way. Otherwise, she wouldn't have kissed me like that, I tell myself. Yes. Teresa Lisbon loves me.