Chapter 18

Ally's POV

"So...who is this beauty??" Shay smirked.

I couldn't help but feel like dying of embarrassment. Shay must think right now that Lauren and I are together.

"No...I told you it's not what you think...." I scratched my arm nervously "She's beautiful, right?" I blurted that out and Shay teased me a little more by  lifting her brows up and down. 

"No....we are not..." I shook my head energetically.

"Dating? Because I'll totally get it, indeed she's beautiful" Shay smiled at me.

"No, she's just Lauren...my best friend...She just like to tease me, you know she loves to joke with those kind of things" I shrugged.

The Lauren? , wooow, so she's the one you've been talking about...." She seemed amused. " I get the jokes, sometimes flirting can be a joke between two girls...." Shay said

"Right! That's what I was trying to tell you" I said trying to convince not only Shay but myself.

"Yeah, but I know that smile Ally...it lightens up your whole face, and the way you blushed...even when I wasn't here...it makes me think you two aren't just joking" She looked at me in the eyes.

"But I don't like girls" I said getting a bit defensive.

"I know you didn't, but the question is, do you like Lauren? I mean you two seem to have something very special, and that's beautiful. If you are gay for her I get it; I mean, look at those eyes, she's gorgeous" Shay elbowed me softly holding a grin on her face.

"I never thought about us two. I know we have something special... but as a friendship" I sighed. I think my cousin it's just hallucinating stuff.

"Honestly, for what you told me about her I like her for you. It would be comforting to know you are with her and not with some douche" Shay rested her hand on my thigh.

"I honestly prefer spending my time with her....but not in that way" I explained.

"She's the one who made you open up, right? She dragged you too the dangerous side" Shay chuckled.

"A little I guess...." I smiled thinking about all the stuff I got to do with Lauren, honestly I would never had thought I'd do those things. "It's just that whenever I'm with her the things we do, doesn't seem that bad, they're just natural" Honestly if it wasn't with Lauren I would never have done all of that.

"Have you ever...?" Shay asked; I looked at her confused and then realized what she meant.

"No....no" I lied. I skipped the fact that Lauren and I have kissed. It was something sudden and unexpected but it didn't seem wrong at all.

"Is she into girls? Or do you know if she likes you?" My cousin wondered.

"No, I don't think so" I said confused; honestly before we kissed I thought for a minute she was gay or bisexual or maybe that she just falls for the person as she tried to explain; anyway she hasn't fallen for me. "She just takes care of me and stuff but I just don't think she sees me in that way"

"In what way?...in a sexy Mrs. Claus or Mrs. Jauregui costume?" Shay teased. "Cause these texts says otherwise"

I shrugged it off and told Shay that I rather not talk about that in the next days. I'm honestly so confused; Shay's words are getting on my head, Lauren is obviously super special to me but I like boys.

Soon Christmas came, and it couldn't be more perfect; well truth is that I would love to be with Lauren and the girls but they're enjoying her time with their families and at least we have each other's gifts.