Chapter 3

As was usual, you were up bright and early the next day, going about your house and keeping things in order, drinking your tea and reading your books, humming soundlessly under your breathe.

After you had everything in order,  you went out and tended your garden like normal, feeling slightly excited about your walk, where you would meet with Loki once again.

You went back inside after a while and laced up your hiking boots. A slight pang of nervousness hit you as you walked into the woods on the trail you were to meet Loki on. 

You were well into the woods when you heard the familiar sound of extremely soft graceful footsteps behind you. You turned around to see Loki, smiling brightly.

"Hello." He greeted. You nodded faintly and brought your hand up to wave slightly. Hello. I hope this goes well. You thought as you started to get the familiar nervous feeling you always did when you were around people you didn't fully trust.

"I'm glad you came. I wanted to show you something." He said, a glint of mischief sparked in his eyes that made you more than a little nervous.

You froze. Taking a small step away from him you gave him a nervous look.  He furrowed his brow in confusion, stopping as well.

Then he smiled at you and you tensed. "Don't worry. Its a garden. Its beautiful and I'd like to show you if you would allow me the honor." He said, extending a hand for you to take.

You eye'd it suspiciously and thoughtfully for a second. Eh. What do i have to loose. You thought, taking his hand. He smiled, almost proudly, and lead you through the forest into paths you didn't know existed.

He guided you, lifting you gracefully over old broken logs and puttles, moving branchs out of your way and waiting when you needed a break. 

Finally, you came to old old wooden door, so deep in the woods you probably couldn't find your way back out. It was beautiful. The light shined on the ivy covered door just right and it looked like something out of a fairy tale.

You gasped a noiseless gasp and walked over to it slowly, running your fingers over the old door.  Loki watched you admiringly. You looked like the princess to complete the image.

"The inside is even better." Said a voice from behind you. You had almost forgotten about him. You turned around and smiled at him, gesturing to the door, asking if you could open it. He nodded and smiled.

You put your hand gently on the old wooden knob. It wouldn't turn, so you simply pushed it open. It took very little effort to make the door creak open.

You tunred your gaze upon what looked like it was once an old Village. Very old houses that where covered in ivy and flowers stood in the huge area.

It had a big brick wall surrounding the place, with climbing flawers growing on the wall.  The sunlight was shining perfectly down in it and it looked enchanted.

There was a rather large pond in the middle of it all and you walked over to it, getting down on your knees and looking in. Tiny bright finish swam around in it.  You unlaced your boots and kicked them off.

When you put your now bear feet back on the ground the grass felt like fuzzy soft silk under your feet. You wiggled your toes a little bit.

There was extremely soft grass covering every inch of the ground and flawers bloomed everywhere.  "Do you like it?" Loki asked you.

You turned around to look at him, face beaming and smile bright and nodded vigorously, running over to him and flinging yourself in his arms.

It was the most beautiful place you had ever been. He wrapped his arms tight around around you and held you like that for a while.

After a moment, he let you go and tilted your chin up, leaning down towards you. He stopped just half an inch away from your lips. You could practicality feel his breathing.

"May I?" He asked permission. You smiled slightly and nodded. He brought his lips down softly on yours and you felt your stomach light up with the unfamiliar feeling of butterflys.

It was your very first kiss, and it couldn't have been more perfect. You closed your eyes and he moved his lips with yours in perfect sync, occasionally swiping his tongue across your bottom lip.

You couldn't have thought even if you tried. You could only think of Loki. He was incredibly gentle and he brought his hands up to rest on your waist in respectful places.

When he finally pulled away, you looked up into his eyes with a soft smile on your face.

He pulled you slghtly closer to his body and kissed your forhead before letting go of you and saying, "Go have a look around. It's really beautiful."

So you did. You went around and looked at the old houses and put flowers in your hair and sat by the pond and it was the most wonderful time you had had in a very long time.

Loki trailed after you like a shadow, admiring your graceful walk and the way you looked at all the beautiful things and the way you gasped with no noise when you saw something interesting.

Why he cared about you, and was nice to you at all for that matter, was beyond him.  He couldn't put his finger on it but something about you made him soft and also gave him the unfamiliar feeling of joy.

There was just something about you.....

After about three hours or so, you were sitting by the pond letting the little fish suck on your feet and laughing soundless laughs when Loki plopped down beside you, his face beaming.

You returned his smile and pointed at the fish that where around your feet, laughing your soundless laugh. He couldn't tear his eyes away from your smiling face though. You where beautiful.

"I really hate to say this but I'm afraid we have to go. I must be getting home, i have responsibilities that i must attend to. Can we do this again? I'll meet you at the same place tomorrow." He explained, handing you your discarded shoes.

You nodded excitedly. Thank you Loki. I love it here. You thought, drawing the first part in the mud in front of you. "You're welcome." He said, flashing you a grin.

He lead you out and back onto the path, taking you home and bidding you farewell at the door, taking off in a sprint in the direction of the palace.

You sank down on your couch with a sad expression as one stray tear rolled down your face.

He is going to get tired of me. Everyone always does. I wont go tomorrow. I dont want to loose someone else who i hold important to me. I wont make the mistake of letting anyone else in again. I wont be hurt again. I wont. They always leave anyway.

Awww....poor little you. It seems like you've been hurt a few times to many. Keep going, you can do it!  Tell me what you think guys!