(13) It's Called a Hustle Sweetheart

Start from the beginning

I clutched onto my carrot pen tightly, smiling to myself. "Oh I think I added one to many sugar spoonfuls to the coffee?" I suggested. Nick nodded.

"Yeah probably." Nick's confession opened up a truck load of doors for me, for I knew that he likes me! Yet he doesn't know that... A good hustle could come out of this actually. Then I can get back at him for the time he - you know what, I'll do him a favor!

I stretched my arms and yawned lightly, resting my head against his shoulder. I felt him stiffen for a while before relaxing once more. I was about to move my head and tell Nick to get me more coffee but my head was heavy and my eyes slowly began to droop. Before i knew it, my brain shut down and the only sound i could hear was Nick's heavy breathing.

Oh that dumb fox.

Nick's P.O.V

I sat still and looked at the wall which became even more salient by the second. It was awkward. I admit. My butt was going numb and my mind began to wander, i didn't want to move, for all i knew, Judy could pounce on me if i woke her up.

The time was 5:00 am. Work start soon- in ONE HOUR. we hadn't left the damn station since YESTERDAY. My eye's felt as if Judy had punched my face, they felt like they were bruising. i was so tired that I found myself slowly relaxing with the tired bunny against my shoulder, my consciousness slipping away.

"WAKE UP!" I heard someone yell, probably my mom. "NICK! WORK!" The voice called, shaking me violently. My back hurt, not to mention my butt was numb.

"Not now..." I muttered, swatting the paw that was poking me. i heard a groan before the very thing i was sleeping on was kicked away. My eyes snapped open and in an instant, my butt hit the floor. A loud crack was heard and i yelled as i slowly stood up, stretching my probably broken back.

I looked around dazed, well i wasn't at home for certain- i don't even live with my mom! My eyes fell upon the person who rudely awakened me- Judy. I blinked at her before remembering why i was at work. "Right." i said.

"Come on Nick! We have to make it to roll call." Judy insisted, rushing over to the door.

"I'm not ready! i only got an hour of sleep!" i argued, "How can you look like you've slept so peacefully!?" I exclaimed.

"I woke up ten minutes ago." Judy insisted.

Judy's P.O.V

Nick took his sweet time to flatten out his fur and follow me out the door. By the time we arrived, Chief Bogo had handed out cases and left us with parking duty after we were to finish and hand in the reports. It wasn't to bad but considering we spent the night here to finish it in time, Nick was obviously not to please.

"I can't believe it Carrots! Can you?" He asked me as we made our way out of the empty room.

"It's only logical." i said.

"Logical?!" Nick exclaimed. "Logical is 2 plus 2! Not PARKING DUTY!!!" He bellowed. I rolled my eyes. I pulled his tie, forcing him to turn face me. "Gah!" he gagged, "If you keep doing that to gain my attention Carrots, i swear i'll choke to death!" He said.

"Listen," i cut him off, ignoring his previous remark, "You finish up the paperwork and I'll meet you near Savanna Central." I explained. Nick frowned.

"And why do i do the work?" He asked.

"Because i did most of it last night." I pointed out. Nick huffed out in annoyance.

"If i remember correctly Carrots, it was you who fell asleep on MY shoulder, i didn't say my shoulder was a vacant bed." Nick smirked at me as i felt my face heat up. That's when i remembered my weapon.

"Alright Nick, i'll do the paperwork but i'll also show everyone this." I smirked, holding my carrot pen up.

Nick's P.O.V

I felt my self esteem drop as i recognized the object she held. The carrot pen. She had something on it, most likely something that would ruin me. But what? Did i mutter in my sleep?

Oh god i'm such an idiot.

Yes, yes we are.

Who are you?!

Your subconscious.

Right, i stuffed up.

Yup! We probably mumbled an embarrassing dream or something.

DID I!?

I dunno...

But what dream?

Don't ask, we have plenty of those remember?

That was in grade 6!

Yeah well now what do we do?

PANIC!!!!!

Judy smiled innocently. "So, are you gonna do the paper work or what?" I folded my arms.

"Nope." I pretended to act chill but i guess you could say i was stubborn. Judy clicked the play button on the pen. "Why did I come here with Judy?" My voice echoed. My eyes widened as my ears drooped and my mouth stiffened into a frown. She DID hear me! THAT LITTLE- "No kidding, you love her." Judy looked at me and blushed as we heard me answer myself. "Yeah of course I love her, I love Judy, but she doesn't know that."

And i have officially died.

"So Officer Wilde-" Okay, that's new, "Are you gonna do the paperwork?" She asked as i frowned.

"Okay, just, don't tell anyone about that!" I exclaimed. Judy smiled.

"It's called a hustle sweetheart." She laughed as i growled and walked off. I felt the tie around my throat tighten as she pulled me back again. I felt her press her lips to my cheek before pushing me towards our office doors. "See ya at Savanna Central!" She called, hopping off.

I froze and touched the place she left a kiss.

Well one things for sure that she didn't record me having a weird dream.

Well we better hope that stays that way.

What? The weird dream or the mumbling?

For our sake, both.

I rolled my eyes as i opened the office door, a smirk plastered across my face.

Oh Judy, I've taught you well.