Chapter 2: The Job of a Host/ The Party

When I had come back from the first day of the host club, which meant coming home from school late, my parents were worried sick.
      When I explained to them I had joined a club, they were overjoyed that I was being social. I didn't explain the type of club it was nor what happened. My parents are kind of dense.
       Anyway, Haruhi and I were working on our homework when we noticed the time. We were going to be late for the host club!
      "We're never going to hear the end of it if we show up late!" Haruhi says. I sigh.
      "I know. The twins probably won't get off my back for awhile." I reply.
      "That's the problem with being close to one-or two- of them." Haruhi adds. I nod silently. We stop in front of the doors. We look at each other. Haruhi slowly opens the door.
        To our surprise, the whole place was like a tropical island! That's really weird...
      "What's this? Where are we?" Haruhi asks. I shrug. Then I spot the guys... they were all shirtless!
        "Welcome." They say in unison. Haruhi and I give them extremely irritated expressions. A toucan then lands on Haruhi's head. I giggle slightly.
        "The both of finally made it, huh? You're so late." Hikaru and Kaoru point out. I blush/pale at the sight of Hikaru being shirtless.
      "I could be wrong, but my calendar still says it's early spring." Haruhi says bluntly. I shrug again.
      "Huddling under a gutatsu table in the cold is nonsense. And, besides, the heating system we have is, the best." Tamaki says dramatically.
        "Do you have a problem with the way we run our club, Haruhi? Be careful what you say, the both of you oh us 8 million yen, remember?" Kyoya. I see Haruhi's face, telling me she was having a flash back.
       "Gentlemen don't bundle up in bulky clothing, it may be chilly early spring out there in the real world, but here at the club we want to surprise our little kittens with a warm, tropical paradise. Oh yes, we've turned into nirvana. A balmy tropical island of everlasting summer." Tamaki exclaims.
      "That's funny because I feel a massive chill right now." Haruhi says bluntly. I sigh and back up slightly, only to run into someone. I quickly turn around to see Hikaru's eyes boring into mine. Me face goes red/white.
       "Uh...um...uh... h-hey Hikaru." I greet quietly. Hikaru raises an eyebrow at me.
      "So, (Y/N), why were you late?" Hikaru asks. I gulp an inaudible gulp.
      "H-Haruhi and I were working on h-homework and lost track of t-time." I reply quietly.
      "(Y/N), why are you being so quiet? I'm one of your best friends, you can trust me." Hikaru says. I feel my heart shatter slightly. Best friend. That's it. How'd I know that would be it?
       "A-ah no reason! It's just on instinct." I reply like nothing had happened. Hikaru gives a look, telling me he didn't fully believe me. Hikaru then gives in and walks back to Kaoru. I let out a sigh of relief.

~Time Skip to when the Club Opens~

I walk with Haruhi, occasionally serving drinks to customers. Neither of us had any clients, yet.
"What heartlessness. Even with my lustrous skin shining like brilliant ivory, exposed by my Balinese King outfit, I'm no more but a slave for my goddess. I kneel you and swear my loyalty." Tamaki flirts. I roll my eyes.
"Tamaki. Lucky. Wow." One girls says. What are they falling for?
"Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention it to you ladies. Next week the Ouran Host Club is sponsoring a party." Tamaki adds. Haruhi and I turn around slightly.
"We're throwing a party?" Haruhi asks, voicing my thoughts.

~Kaoru's POV~
(Yes, this is already happening).

"What kind of of party is it going to be? Is it going to be formal?" One of our clients asks.
"Yes, in fact, we've rented the schools largest hall." Hikaru says.
"It's the perfect place for dancing." I add. Now, before this continues, I'm going to be honest. I hate doing our act, and I know Hikaru hates it too. It's just plain incest.
"But I really wanted to spend some alone time with you, Kaoru." Hikaru says, holding my face really close to his. Surprisingly, this makes both me and Hikaru uncomfortable, but we don't show it.
"Don't be upset, Hikaru, I know exactly how you feel." I reply. The clients go crazy. Out of the corner of my eye, I see (Y/N) twitching ever so slightly. Her hands are balled up in slight fists and, if looks could kill, I think the clients would've just been brutally murdered and then tossed into a car compacter.
It was a little amusing, only because Hikaru is to dense to notice. How does he not realize that (Y/N) loves him? Hikaru just recently discovered his feelings for her, but I realized Hikaru loved her since the day the three of us became friends.
Hikaru is just really bad with emotions, so it's not surprising he can't tell that (Y/N) has loved him since we became close as well. Both of them are oblivious to when someone likes them.
It's ridiculous. Yet, (Y/N) is actually pretty good at it now, just not when it comes to Hikaru, it seems. Oh well, they'll figure each other out eventually.