Chapter Thirty-nine

Chapter Thirty-nine

Iris started placing items on the table. Before I could ask her what she is doing, she grabs my hand and starts reciting something another language. I watched in wonder as all the items started glowing and shaking until suddenly I was pulled into some sort of vision.

At first all I saw was the blur of different colors but then slowly everything came into place. My eyes widened when I saw my living room but it didn't look like the way I had left it. The furniture was all over the place and there was torn pieces of the leather from the furniture. The soft, white cushioning that is usually inside the furniture was now all over the place. There were clay marks all over the wall and you could see drippling down the wall. I could hear the loud thumping of someone's footsteps. I could see the shadow of the person I felt a shiver of fear crawl over my body. The person growled loudly, causing even the walls to shiver to in fear.

You would think after all that has happened to me over the past few days I wouldn't be so surprised about all the things that happened around here but even the smallest of things took me by shock. Seeing Leon's face made me close my eyes in despair. I knew that deep inside this wasn't Leon but I had got so accustomed to him being so calm with me that I couldn't seem to forget the fact that this wasn't him. I wanted to reach out and help me.

I felt like I had a responsibility to help him. He was in this situation because of me. I was the one who dragged him into this. Now I knew that standing here and thinking of all the things I should and shouldn't have done wasn't going to help so I had to do something. I had to do something to help him- to set him free from the pain that I had caused him. 

I watched how he stepped into the living room with heavy steps. He raised his face and glanced around it, his eyes were glowing the same way as when the Defesta had been transferred to him. When he looked in my direction, I was so sure he saw me but when he turned towards the direction of the rooms I knew he couldn't.

 Before I could even contempt what was happening everything became blurry and then we were back into the room that we in before. I snatched my hand away from Iris as if it was burning me. I looked at Iris, questionably at what just happened. she started gathering all the objects and put them into the backpack she was carrying.

"That was a spell that draws energy from the objects to allow us to see the things occurring at a different place but at the same time. Depending on the amount of energy in the objects it can vary the amount of time you can see."

"Where are we going?" I asked, jogging after Iris to keep up with her long strides.

"We are going to see Rawer in the secret base."

"There's a secret case? What do they need for that?"

"You will see. Now be quiet and follow me." With that, we took the fire escape stairs and got into Iris' car and drove into a forest.

"Do you know where you are going?" I asked, after five minutes of driving by trees that all seemed to look the same.

"I have a vague idea of where we have to be. I haven't been there before but when I see what I need to see I'll know we will be on the right track."

I didn't ask her what she was looking for because I already knew what the answer would be- you will see. After aimlessly driving on the unpaved road we finally pulled to a stop. I followed after her as she got out the car. We walked away from the make shift road. Everything was so peaceful here, the sound of our footsteps seemed to be echoing into the forest.

I glanced behind me to see that my view of the car was now blocked by a big tree. I almost walk into Iris' back when she abruptly stops walking. She muttered something underneath her breath- too low for me to hear anything. She pressed her hand against the leaf and then motioned for me to do the same. As soon I placed my hands on the leaf, a man appeared out of nowhere, causing me to shriek in surprise. The man bowed his head in respect.

"Miss Iris and Miss Ashley, Mr. Rawer was expecting you."

"Yes, he is. Tell him phase one of our plans is over and I am proceeding with the second phase. I will see you soon Ashley."

She touched my shoulder and gave it a small squeeze. Before I had the chance to ask her what was happening she disappeared. I am guessing with the way the man didn't seem the least bit surprised by her exit that this wasn't anything out of the ordinary. The man offered me his hand which I accepted after a bit of hesitance. I didn't know this man but I am hoping because Iris trusts him enough to leave me alone with him, he is someone I can trust too.

"I am sorry but I never caught your name."

"My name is Hale, Miss Ashley."

"Please just call me Ashley, when you add the miss part it makes me sound like an old lady."

"I am sorry if that makes you uncomfortable, that wasn't my intention."

"I know it wasn't. Don't worry about it. Now please could you tell me where we are going?"

"Place your hand flat against the leaf and don't worry if you feel a little woozy. This happens to all first timers."

Unlike the last time I put my hand against the leaf, I was now pulled into something. My eyes automatically closed their eyes. I felt myself being thrown onto a mattress which made me bounce back up. I opened my eyes as I landed back onto the mattress- this time more softly than the last bounce. I saw people crowding around the big mattress. I hadn't expected to see so many people especially so many people looking at me.

"Ashley," I turned my head towards the voice. I spotted Rawer waving at me. I smiled, thankful for the fact that he came to my rescue just when I needed him. I carefully stood up on the mattress and walked over cautiously over to him- tripping over my own feet sometimes causing people to laugh. 

"Hi."

"Hi, come on. Let me show you around." Everybody made a pathway for us to walk. Some people had their jaws open in amazement while others seemed to be critiquing me because they kept on looking at me from head to toe.

"What is this place?" I asked as we entered into what I assumed was the training area from all the equipment everywhere.

"This is the secret base that used to be known to only a few members but since the war that broke out yesterday, this has become the headquarters of our side. This secret base was built by strong followers of Leon- including vampires, werewolves, witches and warlocks. This war has been building up since the day Leon took over as king. This is going to be a gruesome war. Those people you saw out there are willing to sacrifice their lives for his because they know that he would do- no has done the same thing for someone he cares about deeply. The people out there want to know if you are going to fight with them. They were waiting there for you because they have heard about your story about how you lived with the Defesta for so long. They know you are strong and capable so now, the only thing they are waiting for is for you to fight with us. Ashley, are you with us or not?"

Rawer's eyes burned into mine. Even though we were now in a small, closed room away from all the eyes of the people I could still feel their burning stares on my back. There was so much pressure put on me and I didn't have time to think about it. I knew what I had to do choice. It was for the best if I chose that.

*__________________________*

Hi everyone!

Hope you liked this chapter! I would love to hear your thoughts on this chapter!

What side do you think Ashley is going to choose? What do you think phase two?

Next Update: Check my message board or you can pm!

Vote, Comment, Follow, Share

TTBMBFF