29. Haden's pack

Cataliya's P.O.V.

"Dad, we'll be fine, I swear. I'm a trained fighter. I won't let anything happen to us. Besides, we all know how to fight." Elliane reassured dad, again, for the hundredth time.

"Why do you need to go in the first place? Edith is known to be cruel and manipulative." Dad still did not know that we had the seal and we planned to keep it that way. Only 6 people knew that we had the seal and we wanted it to stay that way.

"What is she going to manipulate me to? I'm only going to meet her because she is my mate's mother? I need to move to Haden's pack in a few days anyway? Might as well get to know his mother, right?" I laughed a bit at how childish it all was. Elliane was treating dad like a kid and dad actually looked like a kid at that moment.

Well Elliane lied, but it only worked for our benefit. Dad already had a conversation with Scott, giving him all the lectures and warnings every father did. It surprised me how dad had no idea about Haden. He didn't know Elliane had a mate and things that happened between them in the past. Elliane was so secretive. She knew how to hide stuff so well.

"Why is Cataliya going with you?" Dad questioned, and I pretended to be mad. Making a sour face, I said, "seriously, dad? Can't I ever go anywhere without everybody being like that? I have a life too! I can want to go places! I'm not a baby anymore! It's already enough that I was treated like a slave. Now that you're here, I thought I'd have a better life, more freedom. Guess I was wrong after all."
I knew dad felt guilty and sad. I was guilty too, for bringing that up. I was only pretending to be mad, but I hurt dad nevertheless. It was wrong of me, but I had to do it for the sake of him not asking anything again.

"Okay, go. I won't question you. Just be safe and take care, okay? I already spent too many years away from you. Don't want that to extend." He said, caressing my cheek. It made me feel so much more guilty and sad, but I had to do this.

Giving dad a hug, I walked outside with Elliane right behind me. I smiled at Adam, after sitting in the van beside him. He was invisible to others but I could see him, obviously. We couldn't let others see him, so he had to do what he did before, stay invisible.

"Is Adam in?" Cole asked, sitting in the driver's seat. I nodded. Right then, Scott and Elliane entered the car. Scott sat in the front seat and Elliane in the back, beside me. Basically, I was the middle man. Well, not a man man, but a man. (A/n - sorry if this makes no sense. XD)

"Let's go." Scott said, fastening his seat belt.

Right as we crossed the borders and were in the nolands, the place with no pack and everybody could be there, Adam turned himself visible.

We made small talk while Cole was driving to Haden's pack. We shared some laughs and memories when something very heavy hit the van.

Adam turned invisible in fear and panic. I told him to sit still and he nodded, trembling.

Getting out of the car, I was so shocked to see Blade and Asher on the ground. Blade was getting up but Asher didn't look like he had the strength to.

"What the hell happened to you guys?" I shrieked when I saw the blood, wounds and bruises. "Why is it that everytime I see you, you're all bloody and wounded, Blade?"

He wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his jean jacket and helped pick Asher up with Cole.

"He was kidnapped by the demon wolves. They tortured him to get information. I heard his howl and got to him. I got into a fight with some of them and brought him back as fast as I could." He explained. No wonder why we couldn't find Asher.