Tick, Tock

Tick's P.O.V

I teleported barely 50 meters away from her, to a rooftop overhead.

Teleportation crystals are cheap tricks. You can't go more than a mile with one.

I watched her for a moment, as she thought I was gone. She bent over, heaving. Her scarlet hair lazily slid down her back forward, coming to a halt around her neck. She tiredly laid her head against her arms, breathing in the reality of her night's events.

Not even fifteen seconds had passed before she was alert once again, and ran to check on her friend. Erza went back for her without a second thought.

I looked away as she checked the pink-haired girl's wounds, taking in the reality of my own night.

I frowned, my expression now returning to it's usual coldness.

Why did her question phase me?

Why did anything she say mean something to me? They're just stupid words, anyways.

It's not like she meant them, she just wanted to catch me off guard.

She just wanted to beat me.

I returned my gaze to the sky above, as I watched white dots flicker across the inky-black oblivion.

"You get to choose who you are. But tell me this, are you proud of him?" Her voice continues to echo throughout my thoughts. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"Scarlet, eh?" I mumbled, returning my gaze to her. She was giving her wounded comrade a piggy back ride, and had stopped at the corner. She turned, and appeared to say something to Simon's body. She then continued to jog along, looking up and down alleyways.

I silently followed from roof to roof, curious as to where this was going.

I watched as she grew more and more worried. Her strength was beginning to dwindle, but that didn't stop her. She kept running; searching for something unknown to me. She looked exhausted, why didn't she just give up?

Her humanity sickens me.

However, something about her was intriguing to me. I couldn't quite place what it was, though. Not yet.

I jumped to the next rooftop, only to look over and see that she had fallen to her knees. She still clung to the girl on her back, refusing to let her fall to the ground. What's her deal?

I couldn't help but scoff. She was going to pass out in the middle of the street, with no one left to take her home. Her only comrade had fallen, it's not like she had any back-up.

I paced over to the other edge of the building, investigating the view for something more interesting to look at. I saw high-speed rollercoasters across town, whizzing about and causing laughter-filled screams. Neon lights shone blazingly in my direction, causing me to look down.

When I did, I found the engaging scenario I had hoped to find. A blue-haired man laid alone in a dark ally; his blood ran in copious amounts in every direction imaginable. So much blood...

-A bright white light. Screams. The color red slashed everywhere through the room. "RUN, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN!" A woman shrieked.-

I grunted and held my head as a sharp pain poked deeply at my brain. I've been getting random, painful flashbacks for the past few years now. I don't remember anything from my past, so I suppose these momentary images that glare through my mind are all that I have left for now.

That, and my pocket watch.

My attention rebound itself to the situation at hand. I surveyed his unmoving body as best I could from the three story building I was standing on top of. Was he dead? He looked like it from here.

I watched his chest.

Not a single movement fluttered from it.

I paced to the other side of the roof again, to observe Erza climbing to her feet once again. Was this what she was so desperately looking for? Her legs were shaking like mad now. Oh, bother.

I should've know she'd be the type not to give up until she's got what she wanted.

I'm not sure why, but I felt my arm raise- almost on it's own- as a small spell flung itself from my fingertips to the blue-haired man's ally. It collided with the wall across from him, causing a sound to erupt as the building took damage.

The entire time, I kept my eyes on Erza. I saw as she heard and comprehended the noise, and wearily chased after it wholeheartedly.

I... Helped her.

"Until next time, Scarlet," I muttered as I watched her come across the man's body. I firmly gripped the teleportation crystal again, knowing what was coming next.

I tried avoiding hearing her, but it was  too late.

A foul, heartbreaking scream caused my eardrums to wince and goosebumps to form on my skin.

My magic activated the crystal finally, and I was soon a mile away from the gruesome scene.

The clock struck twelve as I landed on my feet on the other side of town. I was late back to the guild hall. I'm never late...

My heart dropped, knowing Asmodai's way of punishing members for disobeying orders. Our guild is named 'The Damned', and in all honesty, I hate it.

But I don't have a choice.

Being in the guild is the only way to restore my memories... Asmodai promised...