The Comfort of a Friend

Erza's P.O.V

I felt the bed sink a bit as Jellal sat down on the bed, and I could feel his eyes watching me, making sure I didn't turn over. It was kind of funny, how set he was on making sure I didn't think badly of him. Cute, in a way. I couldn't help smiling as he stood still for a long moment, completely lost in his own head, most likely trying to think if he should say anything else before laying down. For some reason, I got the urge to turn over and hug him. Just hug him and feel that he's there. I guess this feeling is evidence that I'd missed him over the past few months I hadn't seen him.

As he laid down, I could feel his bare skin on my own where my shirt didn't cover. It was warm, and felt natural against my own.

"Sorry," He said shyly as he nudged away a little bit, avoiding contact.

"No, don't worry about it..." I said as I pressed my back against his again, "...It's comforting."

I heard him draw in breath, I don't think he expected me to do that. I, myself, sat there a little wide-eyed as there was a silence between us in realization of what I just did. I hope that doesn't come off as flirting.

"Unless, it's uncomfortable for you," I said quickly as I moved back to where I was, slightly dazed.

"No, don't worry about it," He quoted in a calming voice as he leaned against me once again, "It's comforting."

A smile spread across my face, and part of me knew I wasn't the only one who held this relaxed expression of happiness. I felt his muscles contract and release as he yawned. I could tell he was getting tired; as was I. The pleasant heat of his body behind mine was quite comforting, and aided in my sleepiness.

"Goodnight Jellal" I murmured softly, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight Erza" His voice whispered in the most innocent way.

Oh, Jellal.

His voice was echoing through my mind as for the first time in a very long time, I fell asleep smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________________