Late Night Thoughts

Jellal's P.O.V

I felt her petite figure behind mine as air entered and exited her small lungs. Her tired body gave off such a fragile feel, but anyone who knows Erza knows that she's the exact opposite. Her sleep-filled vulnerability was utterly charming to me. She'll never know how badly I want to turn around and kiss her right there to make up for lost time. Or how badly I wanted to hold her in my arms as she fell asleep. To run my fingers through her beautiful scarlet hair and call her mine.

My heart felt like it was going to implode.

For as long as I can remember, I've never smiled this wide.

I felt her breathing fall into rhythm, and I knew she was fast asleep.

I'm sorry, Erza, for being so selfish.

I turned quietly and pressed my lips against her cheek as she slept peacefully. I took my time, not wanting to leave her her warmth. After a while of giving into temptation, I laid my head back on my pillow delicately smiling, and watched her body rise and fall with each innocent breath.

She was everything I wanted.

But she was everything a person like me didn't deserve.

It destroys me every day, knowing that I caused such a flawless human being such unimaginable pain. Erza Scarlet has always deserved the best, but has always settled for worse. If I could forgive myself, I would do everything in my power to become the man she'll want someday to start a family of her own. I couldn't help but chuckle thinking about a couple little Erzas running around. 

'She's everything to me'  I thought profoundly as I ran a strand of her hair between my fingers.

I would die for this woman, in a heartbeat. And I'd die a happy man doing so.

I lost track of time, just lying in bed watching her sleep. If I could stay here, in this moment, for years... I would.

Oh, Erza.

She was everything on my mind- As for the first time in a very long time, I fell asleep smiling.

____________________________________________________________________________________