Chp. 6 The Drunken Dance

I slid off my bar stool giggling. Clapton looked at me with a curious expression.

"I'm serious!" I said. "I'm not lying!"

"I beg to differ," Clapton said. "I've never seen you raise your foot straight above your head."

"Well, I can do it!" I said and kicked off one my of my shoes. I grabbed my foot with my hand, bent my knee to my chest and then lifted it above my head. I let go my leg falling. "See, I told you!"

"And you showed me," Clapton said laughing. I put my shoe back on with some difficulty and sat back down.

"How come you were up before me this morning?" I asked him taking a drink from my beer.

"Um, Anna, woke me up," he said. "She told me that you fell asleep in the basement, I didn't think she meant the floor, but, there you were."

"That was nice of you," I said touching his arm. "Thanks." He glanced at my hand and gave me a lopsided smile.

"Anytime, Hills," he said.

"Good thing my parents aren't home this week," I said. His smile seemed to widen a bit.

"You're parents aren't home?" He asked. I took a sip of beer and shook my head.

"No, they leave every other week for work," I said. "Why?"

"No reason," he said. I giggled again. "What?"

"Do you really like Whitney?" I asked him. He thought for a second. Then his face broke into a smile.

"No," he said. "Sure, she's good looking, but..."

"But what?!" I shouted. He laughed.

"We're cousins," he said. "I wanted to see if you'd get jealous..."

I started laughing. I laughed hysterically. It turned into one of those silent laughs, where all you can do is hope you don't suffocate while tears stream down your face. I laughed so hard I fell off my stool onto the floor.

"You're so drunk right now!" Clapton said as he helped me up.

"And you're not?" I asked wiping my face.

"I have a higher tolerance for alcohol then you, I'm only slightly intoxicated," he said with a grin. I punched his shoulder playfully.

"That's because you've been drinking it longer," I said. He rolled his eyes. "Ok, ok, ok..."

"Are we getting serious now?" he asked arching his eyebrows. I nodded. "Ok, Wildfire, hit me." I smacked his arm. "Jesus Christ! Not literally!" I giggled.

"You should've been more pacific," I said.

"Specific," he corrected me. I cocked my head to the side. "You said pacific, like the ocean. You mean, specific."

"Oh," I said looking down. "Well....what was I going to say?"

"We were getting serious," he reminded me. I smacked his chest lightly as I tried to remember. He caught my hand and held it tight.

"Oh! Right, I remember!" I said. "I had a good idea for the song we could use for our modern dance."

"No!" Clapton said squeezing my hand he was still holding tightly by his chest. "Hillary, getting you drunk was not to take advantage of you."

"It wasn't?" I asked snidely. He shook his head.

"No, it was to help you relax," he said. "Last night you danced yourself to sleep! That can't be healthy."

"Look at me, I'm perfectly healthy," I said gesturing my body. His eyes slowly moved away from mine and roamed down my body checking me out. He looked back up at my face.

"I can see that," he said and let go of my hand.

"Can we leave?" I asked him in a little kid whiny voice. "This is boring."

"What do you want to do?" he asked me. I shrugged and looked out the window. It was still pouring buckets outside.

"I want to dance," I said. He gave an aggravated sigh. "Not for the competition, I want to dance, with you...in the rain." He looked up at me.

"That...sounds like fun," he said. I did something that surprised both of us. I threw my arms around his neck and kissed him. It wasn't long, just like a second or five. Right after I jumped down from my stool and grabbed my jacket. I waited for him at the door. He paid Trego and came towards me. He pushed the door open and we went outside under an awning.

"Ready?" I asked him.

"Are you?" he retorted. I didn't answer just jumped into the rain. I kicked a puddle at him splashing his front. He ran out to me and grabbed me spinning me around. I squealed and as he set me down I bent back into a low dip.

"Do the hair flipping thing," I said. I jumped on him and he spun allowing me to flip my hair. Water splashed everywhere. It was perfect, the sun was brightly setting, yet there was still gallons of water falling from the sky. He set me down and I took his hand spinning underneath it. It was strange to see Clapton so silent, so solemn like he was concentrating hard on something. We continued to dance, doing random moves and lifts until my teeth were chattering and I felt sick.

"We better get you home before Anna gets home," Clapton said. I just nodded and ran to the car. I was more drunk than Clapton, for the first time ever, so he drove. At home we went inside and as soon as we got in the door I began peeling off my clothes. "Hillary."

"Yeah?" I said. I held my damp shirt in my hand, only wearing my bra. Clapton shook his head.

"Go upstairs," he said. "To your room, and put on your pajamas."

"Don't you like looking at this?" I asked gesturing to my body. He nodded.

"I love it, but I'm almost positive you won't want me to be seeing you like that tomorrow," he said turning me towards the stairs. I smacked his hands away and ran up the stairs and into my room. I put on my pajamas and climbed into my bed. I was drifting off to sleep when Clapton came in. He knelt next to my bed and touched my cheek.

"Good night, Wildfire," he said and leaned forward and kissed my forehead. I touched his hand.

"Clapton?" I said my eyes still closed. He didn't say anything, he only breathed slowly and heavily. "Stay." I felt myself scoot over and then the bed sank as he got in bed with me. That was when I drifted off with Clapton warm strong arms wrapped around me.

A/N

What did you guys think? This chapter was kind of short, how disappointing... Anywho, I'm not exactly sure how long this is going to be! It could go on forever! Who knows!! Anyway, let me know what you think, I love feedback, unless it's negative, then in that case I don't want to hear it. But, if you're a dancer and have any ideas on what these guys could do please let me know, I'm clueless. I don't dance, but watching it, jeez it's gorgeous.

ANYWHO!

Please don't forget to check out my other stuff on Wattpad and let me know about what you think about those too! Again, feedback is awesome, love it! Enjoy, next chapter of this will be posted soon, I'm a pretty fast writer. Thanks babes!

Vote

Comment

Follow

-theoddaud