My heart started beating faster, even faster than when I was running. Don't get me wrong, I'm not scared, but it is still semi dark at this time and the howling doesn't make the situation better. Suddenly I hear a rustling noise behind me and quickly turn around. What the fuck? I shouldn't stay here for longer. I shake my head again and start running further into the woods.

><><><><

I am almost done with my run. I just took the path that leads me towards the streets again. By now, I put my earbuds in, listening to some song, I already forgot about.

My eyes travel towards the old prick houses and the familiar cars that park in front of them. One specific car is missing and I sigh. I don't really know what kind of sigh that was, but- FUCK. WHAT THE HECK?!

Emma's PoV:

Did I just? Di-Did I just hit something?
"Oh my god." I whisper and turn the engine off after hitting the break so hard, that I almost hit my head on the steering wheel.

"I am so sorry. Are you alright?" I rush outside, running towards the person that is currently laying on the edge of the sidewalk, holding his leg. By his physique I can see that it's a guy, probably a little older than me and definitely taller.

"I really didn't mean to hit you. You came out of nowhere. I am so sorry. Do you need me to call the ambulance?" The words rush out of my mouth, no time to answer for the guy. I kneel down behind him, not being able to see his face, but noticing his body stiffen. Huh.

I hear him mumble something, but don't understand.
"Sorry?" I say and hear a low 'it's fine'. I frown and stand up, seeing him sitting up on the sidewalk, his hoodie over his head, only showing the bottom half of his face, meaning his lips.
Some pair of lips, let me tell you.

I shake my head and see him stand up and turning right, without another word. I frown again and follow him after seeing him limping.
"Let me drive you to the hospital. Your ankle looks damaged." I say, running a hand through my hair. He shakes his head, not saying another word, just limping his way away from me.

"Then let me at least drive you home. I can't just let you limp all the way there." He is so tall, I feel like a gnome next to him. He shakes his head again and I roll my eyes. He's starting to get on my nerves. I step in front of him and put a hand up, forcing him to stop. Due to the fact that his chest is at my hand level and he doesn't stop soon enough, my hand touches his muscular chest. I instantly pull my hand away after feeling a strange tingle. I guess I'm a sucker for guys with muscular chests.

"Even if you live close, I can't just let you limp all the way. It is unnecessary pressure that you put on your ankle. The ankle that is damaged, because of me." I force out an awkward laugh at the end, but he doesn't join me. I stop and look at the ground again. Why won't he just let me drive him?

"I don't need your help, Emma." The person says, making me stop breathing for a second. And not due to the fact that his voice is raspy and low. Not the fact that he knew my name either. It was the fact that only two people call me that. And because last time I checked, my mom didn't have a velvet voice, it could only be the other person. A person, I thought I wouldn't see until I'm around 80.

"Hades." I whisper, to nobody since he already left me standing there alone, again.
After I finished comprehending what just happened, I rushed back to my car. Hades is back. I can't believe it. It makes sense now why he acted the way he did. And suddenly I feel angry and hurt all over again.

How dare he being mad at me. I'm not the one who left for two years without telling the reason. I am the one who constantly called him and constantly got hurt when he didn't pick up. I am the one who found out about what happened over the television. The local news to be exact.