"I'm sorry. I can't walk very well right now." I said looking away, so I wouldn't have to see the look of horror on her face. She bent down next to me, and helped me slide over to the wall. I leaned against it with a sigh.

"Thank you." I said. She looked at me her eyes were sad, and her face furrowed into a frown, "Don't be sad. I'm sure your family will come in no time." I said the only smile I could manage to get out.

I could practically feel her pity radiating off her.

"I'm sure your parents will come for you too." She said. I was hit with a wave of pain, and my heavy breathing filled the room. I'd like to play into her illusion. I don't get happy endings.

All at one, the familiar sound of footsteps and jingling keys hit my ears. Panic took over my form.

"Are you okay?" she said

"He's coming." I say. I could hear his footsteps coming down the hall to the basement. The heavy heeled walk, and click of the buckle strapped to the side will always be a triggering reminder of what's coming.  I looked at her eyes as filled with fear, and I knew I had to do something fast. I knew what he would do.

"What is your name?" I asked.

"Chloe,"

"Okay, Chloe I want you to go in the corner, and stay there okay? Don't even make a sound." I said hastily as he was almost here. She nodded and did as I told her. Whereas, I stayed in the light getting ready to for the show.

The door swung open, and he walked in the room with his head held high. The usual smirk played on his lip, and his ego was definitely higher than normal.

"Hello, what a lovely surprise. I didn't exactly expect to see you... upright. You took a hard one last night." He said. I just narrowed my eyes at him. He approached me slowly as one would approach a stray animal. He lifted his hand to caress my face, but with a jerking movement I snarled and pulled away. However, he paid it no mind. He carried on as if the reaction were expected.

"Where's the fresh meat?" he asked looking around.

"Sleeping." I answer. The lie flowed out of my mouth; the bitterness almost catching on my teeth.

"That's a shame. You know how I like to welcome them." he said with a wink. I looked away.

"Don't bother her. You'll get your money soon. There is no need for that."

"What did you say?"

"I said leave her alone." I say feeling a bit brave or stupid. I couldn't decide which I was best suited for at the moment.

"I don't think so. There's no need to be jealous little one. Although, I would love to punish you for specking to me like that, it will just have to wait." He said and walked over to Chloe.

I knew I needed to do something. I knew it needed to get his attention. The only thing that seemed capable of working at the moment was my running mouth, so I went with that. I spit on him.

He slowly turned to look at me. I new look of anger, but excitement for what was to come blazed into his every.

"I guess new-be will have to wait. You just seem starved for my attention." He said grabbing my arm and pulled me to my feet making my whole body shake with pain.

He pulled me by my raised elbow up the stairs, leaving my legs to stumble behind. I turned to look at Chloe. As our eyes locked, I felt the pull so strongly, and made the spontaneous decision to give Chloe my one piece of freedom. I took the key I had self molded to the door out of my back pocket, and dropped it lightly on the floor making sure that she noticed. She had more to live for than myself. She was worth more.