Chapter - 26

Lying completely enfeeble in his arms, she looked blankly at the ceiling fan rotating slowly, soundly. There was a crack of thunder heard every once in a while, which reminded them of what they'd been up to for hours tirelessly.

“Is it going to be like this every time?” Maithili muttered after accumulating whatever strength she could find in herself at the moment. Her breathing still hasn't gone down to normal, it gave her an illusion of what if one day she dies out of excitement or worse while having sex. Her back and haunches were so sore, she didn't even want to move an inch.

“Like what? Energetic?”

“Kind of exhausting.” Her words were followed by a laugh, a kiss on the palm of her hand and no words. She could feel the subtle burning on certain areas all over her body, she knew she was going to be horrified by the view of herself in the mirror, mottled with red and purple colored marks. She had no idea how animalistic it could be even for the first time. Now that she had this first hand experience, she wondered how far one could really go.

“Let’s go.” Her thoughtful scenarios were interrupted by that mellow, deep, charismatic and pleasing to the ears magnificently reticent voice again. Reticent her foot! He'd just been chewing on her skin and flesh like a dog! The most outrageous thing was that she liked it. Maithili could only glare at him and say nothing.

As soon as her feet were on the ground, her body was so numb she couldn't even stand. Nikshit was rewarded with a slap on the chest immediately as soon as he'd held her for support.

“Can’t walk.”

Two words was all it took for him to do things accordingly. From carrying her to the bathroom to helping her clean up under the warm running shower and massaging her lathered limbs while sharing some sweet little kisses and shower water in between, his every move was dexterous.

It barely took an hour before they were back on the bed, cuddled under the blanket wrapped into the identical green towels they'd walked out in. Even though they were squeaky clean, the bed still had a mixture of sweat and erotism that had been played on it.

The bed sheet along with the pillow covers were pulled out and a fresh set was spread on the bed before they could finally sprawl over it.

“Ointment?” Maithili couldn't open her eyes once she'd closed them but she still asked on feeling the feathery touch of fingers rubbing something cold around her injury behind below the shoulder. Nikshit made a noise of affirmation and patted her on the back once done with it.

Even though it lasted only a few hours, it was a goodnight sleep for the first time in a while. Outside the rain was still heavy and gloomy by the time they'd woken up at the sound of knocks on their door. It was hard to tell if it was morning or evening by just looking outside the window. Nikshit was pushed out of the bed eventually after a few more annoying knocks.

The air inside the room was extremely chilling to the bone as soon as his feet touched the floor. Nikshit grabbed the falling loose cloth around his waist and made a knot as he walked with his eyes half closed looking at the door.

“Happy anniversary!”

The gleeful cheer of people outside the door turned painful quite as they shared an awkward eye contact with now a not at all sleepy Nikshit, standing there in all his glory of scarlet nail marks and scabs over his shoulders and hairy chest, wearing nothing but a green towel below around his waist. Just a mere glimpse of him was enough to get the entire picture of the situation.

“You’ve already taken a bath so early, Nikshit bhaiya?” Sweta cluelessly chirped only to get elbowed by Kaushiki.

“Come downstairs on time. Ma has arranged a puja. The priest will be here anytime.” Kaushiki said in a low voice, looking anywhere but him.