Chapter 37

"Come on Vanessa! Breathe!" I felt another pound on my chest but this time I felt gallons of water pour out of my mouth. I opened my eyes to see Jordan.

"W-what happened?" I asked seeing I was outside in the warm sand of the beach... Then it hit me

***Flashback****

"Joirrddaaamnnn" I tried to say under the pressure of the water, then I felt myself being pushed up but it was too late...I was going under, I see light just to go black again...

••••end of flashback•••••

"You almost died." He said and then I saw a girl. She had bleach blonde hair and big blue eyes. Really pretty. Her clothes were tattered she was looking at me. Then beckoned me.

"Hey...I'll be right back.." I said and Jordan saw her.

"Who is that?"

"My...cousin." I said and walked to her.

"Are you Vanessa?"

"Yeah...who are you?"

"Kora. I am Jackson's other wife." She said and I stopped dead in the street we were crossing.

"Come on...I'll explain." She said pulling my arm.

"Why are you looking for me?" I asked and she looked sad.

"He really wants you. Not me...there's this thing with Jackson..."

"What is it?" I asked as we walked in the city passing stores.

"He finds someone that's pretty, someone he likes. He gets to them...makes them love him." She said looking down.

"What does that mean?"

"It means he wants to be loved...only with more people it starts with his first love, Jessi."

"What happened?"

"They were in love...then Jessi left him...for another guy, then after 2 years, she came back...he still loved her...to have her die 3 weeks after she came back.." She said and I was shocked.

"Why does he want us then?"

"That's were we come in. Don't you see Vanessa? he thinks he can make us love him so if one of us dies...he has backup." She said and a tear fell down her eye.

"Hey. Don't cry. He can't make us love him."

"He did to me...I knew he cheated on me...I left to come back to him...no matter how bad it was..." She said her eyes overflowing with water.

"Well...he didn't to me...I love Jordan." Then Kora gasped.

"You....that's why he wants you so bad...he wants you to love him...and won't stop...until you do...for real." She said and leaned against a wall.

"What?!?!? But I can't love 2 people!"

"Your the resistor...don't let him...love you...or you don't...love him." Then her eyes went wide.

"Vanessa! Run!" She said and I turned around and saw Jackson standing 30 feet away.

"Kora! What did you say to her?!?!" He said looking MAD.

"I can't run! What about you?" I asked and she looked me in the eye.

"GO!" She yelled I looked at her bit my lip and started to run. I ran right into Jordan.

"Hey what did she wa-"

"Go!!! Jordan!!! Run!!" I screamed pushing him forward he started to run I ran behind him, then while crossing a street a car decided to pull out.

"Out of the way CRAZY LADY!" Screamed the lady, I saw Jackson smiling...I ran and tripped over my shoelace...stupid shoe. Then I felt arms rap around me.

"Help! Someone please!" But no one could hear my screams.

"You are so hard to catch...but worth it." He said and I stood stiff as a statue.

"You can't have my heart." I said closing my eyes.

"Well, see."

"VANESSA!" I heard Jordan scream I opened my eyes to see him far away from us, but he was looking around.

"Well...first to get rid of him." He said and I grabbed him arm.

"Don't...just take me...not him." I said and he lead me to his car. Jacob was In the back holding Kora and Ben was also in the back.

"What are you guys doing here?" I said panicked.

"It was on our paper...and we wanted to help Jackson and help him find you." Said Ben smiling. Then I looked at Jackson, his eyes were on the road.

"Why did you get my friends to do this?"

"To keep you company when I can't." He said and I slumped in my seat.

"VANESSA!!!" Screamed Kora. I looked back at her.

"Quiet!" Said Jacob slapping her.

"Don't you DARE hit her!" I yelled at him.

"Or what?" Said Ben smirking. That started war. I jumped in the back seat and scratched Bens face until I saw blood.

"Owww! Jackson stop the car! Your girls going CRAZY!" Screamed Ben but I kept scratching him. The car was slammed on the brakes. It took Jacob and Jackson to rip my off of Ben. He had the marks all over his face.

"VANESSA! DON'T HURT THEM!" Pouted Kora.

"Shut the heck up!" Screamed Ben going up to her. She flinched then he looked at me while I have him the death stare.

"Lets just get going." Said Jackson I folded my arms. They had I carry me. This time I had back and Ben had front. I was in the middle of Kora and Jacob. I looked at the center. The smoke thingy was within my foot reach. I pushed it down to heat up.

"Where are we going?" I asked and watched the smoke thing.

"My place." Said Jacob.

"Oh." I said and the thing popped out.

"Oh my gosh I need to tie my shoe! I don't want to fall again." I said bending down.

"Hurry up and tie your freaking shoe!" Said Ben looking at me.

"Give me some time! It has to be good enough or it will undo." I said and then he leaned in his seat sighing. I made my move. This time it was like someone hit the fast foreword button as I grabbed the thing and smashed the hot side right on the side of Jackson's.

"Owwww!" He screamed grabbing his face and the car swerved and in the chaos I jumped over Kora and opened the door.

"See you soon Vanessa." She whispered as I jumped out of the car, hitting the hard ground and running in the opposite direction of the car...saving myself yet again. I eventually made it to Jordan's house, he came running out.

"Holy crap! What happened?" He asked looking at my wrecked appearance.

"Jackson. Jackson happened."

"Come on. We are leaving. I bought the plane tickets." He said and I stared in shock.

"We are going to visit your mom."