Chapter 23

I look at my old house, and sigh. Today was the day I grew up. I got accepted into a college in California, and Cami got us as roommates. (Don't ask me how though). My mom was crying as I walked out in my graduation outfit.

"My baby has grown up so FAST! It's like just yesterday you were reading me that cat book you wrote."

"Awww mom...don't cry." I said taking her in a hug.

"Lets go we dot want to be late." Said Jackson taking my hand. He flew allll the way out here to see me graduate. I would go when he graduated in 5 days... Time to graduate...

•••••••••••Jackson's POV*************

I looked at Vanessa go up and took a picture and walked to my car. It was now or never. I got in a drove my car to a jewelry shop. I looked around until I found it. It was sooo pretty. I bought it, and walked out into the Arizona heat. I made it just in time to see her throw her cap in the air. She found me of course.

"Hey! I probably looked like a retard, but that's okay." She said smiling. Gosh could she get any cuter.

"Want to go out to dinner tonight?" I asked looking at her.

"Sure. I'd love that." She said then kissed me on the cheek.

"7?"

"7." Then she went to her mother in tears, time to prepare for the craziness to come....

*************Vanessa's POV•••••••••••

I looked at myself in the mirror again. I wore a pink dress with a blue rose on it, and my hair was curled with a blue flower clip in it, and to finish it off a pair of black strappy sandals. The door bell rang making me jump.

"Vanessa! Jackson's here!" Screamed Carter from the bottom of the stairs I ran down to see Jackson in a black suit and blue bow tie. I had to laugh at that. He handed me a white, THORNLESS rose.

"Ready?" He asked and I looked at him.

"Ready." The we climbed into the car.

"So...was graduation a good experience?"

"Yeah." I said. It was a formal conversation and it was kind of weird...

"You'll have plenty more roller coasters in life...like Marriage, and kids, and Marriage, and work, and Marriage, and sooo much more." He said looking at the road. Ummm was he okay?

"Um Jackson are you okay you are sweating ALOT and saying some weird stuff..." I said and he just turned on the radio and I looked out the window. So much for enjoying myself...

"We're here." He said pointing to a fancy restaurant. I got out and we took our seats. Then our waiter came and was checking me out.

"What can I get you?"

"Crab. With butter on the side." I said and Jackson got the same.

"Hey Jackson why have you been acting so weird lately?" I said looking at him, he just looked at the table.

"It's because I wanted to a-" then he was hit in the face with a pie.

"Holy crabs what was that?!" I said panicked to see Jordan with a pie in hand. I threw my hand in Jackson's and threw him under a table just as another pie flew under the table splattering us with it's juicy filling.

"Vanessa. I was asking you something." He said and I put my hand over his mouth.

"Can't we talk about this later?" I said looking around for Jordan.

"Well, Vanessa I REALLY need to ask you something..."

"Can't it wait?!? My GOSH you are really starting to annoy me." I said then his face turned sad.

"Okay. I guess I can wait." He said and I kissed him on the lips.

"I promise you can, later okay?"

"Okay." He said looking mesmerized by the kiss. I climbed out to see Jordan on the table we were under.

"What the heck?" I said and he jumped on me landing yet another pie in my face. I licked it off and grabbed Jackson's hand.

"Come on let's go." I said as we pushed through the doors and ran through the city and finally to my park we sat by my tree.

"What's up?"

"This night was a DISASTER! I was supposed to propose but that loser ruined my chances of THAT! He ruined my chances at EVERYTHING." He said sitting down and then I got confused.

"You were gonna propose tonight?"

"Yeah."

"I accept." I said and looked down.

"Really?" He said looking up. Then he slid the ring on my finger.

"Well...time to start our lives..together." I said grabbing his hand. He squeezed it.

"Together."