31 | Under A Sky Of Pink (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

"Yes," I replied softly, my lips falling into a serene smile.

"Will you love me forever and ever?" he asked, his lips brushing against mine and sending tingles down to my little toes.

"Yes," I breathed, and closed the distance between us. Our lips melted against one another's, mending all the broken parts of us and making us one. I felt his lips curl into a smile, and heard him mumble 'I love you' in between kisses. I never felt happier.

When we finally stopped for breath, Yuko's pale cheeks were flushed and his lips were swollen pink. He planted a kiss on my forehead and led me to the picnic spread under the tree.

"Are we normal?" I found myself asking as I grabbed a chocolate-dipped strawberry from one of the plates. Yuko stopped mid-motion of grabbing a sandwich, raising a questionable eyebrow at me.

"Elaborate, please."

"We don't fight," I admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of my hand. "We hardly disagree on anything and we're always happy. Is this just us or is it the honeymoon stage we're experiencing?"

"There's no such thing as a honeymoon stage, Ris. If I love you this was today, I'll love you the same ten days, ten weeks, ten years from now," Yuko shrugged, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"And I guess it's a little strange that we hardly ever fight but that's our thing, right?" he murmured. "Do you really want us to be at each other's throat 24/7?"

"Of course not," I mumbled in reply.

"I'm not saying that we'll never have our disagreements, because we're humans and we're hardly alike. But that's not a bad thing," Yuko said softly. "Every relationship has it's quirks."

"You're right," I replied, feeling slightly embarrassed for even asking such a question in the first place.

"When am I not?" Yuko teased, leaning forward to flick my nose. Scrunching my nose, I shot him a mock irritated glare.

"Don't be so cocky, mister!" I warned, before plopping another strawberry into my mouth. Yuko laughed softly and shook his head.

"I'm so lucky," he murmured, his eyes downcast.

"Lucky?"

"To have you, and my friends and my family," he said thoughtfully. "I'm glad that I'm so fortunate."

"I'm lucky too," I said quietly, finally realising how great things have turned out for me. "Mason's awake, I'm making new and sincere friends, Robin's surgery is a success, and I found you."

Looking back, I realised that things really did get better. Unlike the miserable, hateful person I was at the start of the year, I was happy now. Genuinely happy. And I realised that I owed it all to Yuko.

Without him, I would still be a horrible, judgemental person, would still be depressed. Not to mention, I wouldn't have discovered my love for anime either.

"I hope things will never change," I said quietly, meaning every word.

"They will," he corrected softly with a smile. "They'll get better."

For the next few hours, we sat under the cherry blossoms and listened to the sound of rustling leaves, shivering every time a gust of cold wind blew at us. Strangely, we never felt cold. Yuko leaned in to plant a gentle kiss on my lips, and whispered that he loved me for the hundredth time. And yet, it still gave me endless butterflies in my stomach.

And there, under our sky of pink, we loved. And loved still.

- FIN -

THAT'S A WRAP, GUYS! Thank you all so much for supporting and enjoying this book! I hope you guys really loved reading about #MAKO as much as I enjoyed writing about them! Happy ending are always the best, and I'm glad that Marissa has gotten her own.

Even though I'm a little sad that this book has run it's course, it's alright, because it's time for us to go back to #ROLEX. That's right, did you miss them? Stay tuned for the third book of the series, and I hope you will continue to support and enjoy my books to come!

And for all the readers that don't want to let #MAKO go, remember that I love including all my characters and their stories in my books, regardless of whether or not they are the main protagonists! So this is definitely not the last time you'll be seeing Marissa and Yuko, and even Mason, Cody and Bianca!

Also, I'm very excited to announce that I have plans to write even more books (Tessa & Slater, hint hint)! GAHAHAHA, the horror! However, unlike the books from The Royals Series, these books will venture out to different genres, such as mystery/thriller, fantasy, werewolf, etc...but when they will be published will be a matter of time and ideas! I will definitely update you guys if I decide to publish them here on Wattpad, however I will concentrate on finishing The Royals Series first!

As for the third instalment of The Royals Series, I'm pleased to announce it's title! And the third book is called...(drum roll)...BEGIN AGAIN!

Here's how the cover looks ⬇️

Song of the Chapter: Turning Page, by Sleeping At Last

MUCH LOVE,
SHEVVIE.