Chapter 7-Keeping the secret from Kwang Soo...again?

[Song of the chapter: Fool-Winner]

Author's POV

[Skip, 30 minutes later.]

Jae Suk was sent to the ward while Kwang Soo was accompanying him inside. The others actually wanted to go in and visit him but Jong Kook stopped them.

"Guys, can we...have a talk...somewhere?" Jong Kook asked softly, just in case Kwang Soo heard what he said.

"Wae? Aren't we going to visit Jae Suk?" Seok Jin said.

"We'll come back later, it's really important." Jong Kook said.

"But what about Kwang Soo? Should we call him?" Ji Hyo asked.

"Don't call him, just let him rest. Let's go." Jong Kook said as he started walking. The others looked at each other and hesitated at first, but then they followed him. Jong Kook led them to a rest room where it's nearby the ward. They sat down at the sofas in the room and Jong Kook closed the door as he stepped into the room.

"So...hyung, what is that important thing that you don't want Kwang Soo to know?" Haha asked.

"Last week, during filming, I accidentally saw Jae Suk hyung eating some medicine. After that, I went online to search about the medicine..."

"What's that medicine for? Did you find out about it?" Gary asked.

"I found it, and...it's actually used to control the cancer cells from spreading." Jong Kook said as he lowered his head.

"Mwo?! Cancer?! What do you mean by that?!" Ji Hyo, Haha, Gary and Seok Jin asked in unison.

"At first I was kind of shocked too, so I asked him out a few days ago." Jong Kook said.

"So what did he said?" Seok Jin asked.

"He didn't say anything about it at first, but then we ended up arguing and...he started to have a headache. I took his medicine out and gave it to him. In the end, he finally told me the truth..."

"What is it? Did he really...?" Seok Jin said nervously.

"I promised him to keep this secret from everyone of you, but I really can't. That's right, Jae Suk hyung was diagnosed with leukaemia." Jong Kook said.

They kept quiet for a while, after a few minutes, Haha lifted his head up, his eyes was filled with tears. He broke the silence and asked, "What stage was it?"

"It's already in the last stage."

"Why...did this happened to him?" Ji Hyo said as she wiped her tears away, Gary just patted her shoulder while Seok Jin just sighed and took his spectacle off.

"I know it's hard for us to accept this right now, but still, we have to." Jong Kook said.

"Kwang Soo didn't know about it right?" Gary asked. Jong Kook shook his head lightly and said, "Jae Suk hyung asked me not to tell him about it, but...I can't. I don't want to see him get hurt again, like what happened before."

"I know, but...if we tell him about it now, he will get hurt." Seok Jin said.

"But you saw what happened previously, he was the last person who found out that Jae Suk hyung did not have amnesia. He was really disappointed and upset, do you want to see him react like that again?" Jong Kook said.

"Of course not, but..." Seok Jin said.

"Oppa...let's just don't argue about this, ok?" Ji Hyo said. They looked at her and nodded.

"Let's just vote, should we tell Kwang Soo about the truth?" Ji Hyo continued. They thought about it for a while and surprisingly, no one raised their hand up. They looked at Jong Kook who actually thought of telling Kwang Soo the truth.

"Jong Kook ah, I thought..." Seok Jin said.

"I thought about it again and...I think I should keep my promise to Jae Suk hyung. He told me not to tell Kwang Soo about it, so I shouldn't do that." Jong Kook said. They were kind of surprised with Jong Kook's sudden change of decision. But they didn't say anything and just patted his shoulder. Jong Kook looked at them and just said, "Let's keep this secret from Kwang Soo, ok?"

"Ne." They answered in unison.

Author's Notes: Well, sorry for a short chapter again! I'll try to make the next chapter longer, so do wait for it! Remember to vote and comment! Kamsahabnida!