"His name doesn't concern you, why did you come here anyways? Don't you have something better to do"

Usually this moment would be reversed because Iris is the one who ends up coming to me to talk about something I don't want to hear.

"Remember when you said we should try and take a shot at popularity so we could make some memories in high school"

"Uh..yeah" she looked a bit confused.

"Well I know a way to achieve that"

"How? We're below the food chain, how are we ever gonna get to the top"

I pulled her close so she could hear me clearly, "I made a deal" I whispered.

"A deal?" She repeated still not following.

"A deal..with Ariana Grande" she then bursted out laughing. I expected her not to believe me. Who would believe a nerd that claims he talked to the most popular girl in school.

"Wait did I hear this correctly? Did you say Ariana Grande" she was historically dying on the floor laughing. "Why would Ariana Grande want to talk to you"

"Oh yeah I forgot I'm the school's biggest loser thanks for reminding me" I'm actually getting tired of being reminded of this. I can't wait until this whole deal thing is complete, maybe then my name would be known all across this city.

She wrapped her arms around my neck tightly and squished her cheek against mine, "you know I'm just joking with you Jay, you're the coolest person I know"

"Save your sympathy Iris I know what I am, that's exactly why I made this deal, I need to experience what popularity is like I'm tired of living my life as the quiet lame kid"

"So you're telling me, the most popular girl in school agreed to make you popular?" She didn't look convinced at all.

"Sounds unbelievable right? I just agreed to do the project we had together and make sure she passes with an A"

"Do you even hear yourself Justin?" She said. I didn't understand what she meant by that.

"What?" I confusingly said.

"She's not gonna help you gain some popularity, she just wants to use you to finish off the project and get the grade, she's playing you"

No she's not. I mean Ariana won't be that cruel enough to do something like that. Yet again I don't know her personally so I don't know what she's capable of. Maybe Iris is just being ridiculous. The girl is obviously in need for that A in math class, why would she use me...then I came to conclusion. Because you're smart and easy to fool why wouldn't she use you? But we shook on it. If she breaks her part of the deal then I guess I have no problem breaking my part of the deal as well. Wait. Maybe Iris is wrong, what if she's only saying that because she's afraid I'll gain too much popularity and she'll end up being jealous.

"You don't know that Iris, shes not the type of person to do that"

"Why are you acting like you've known her your whole life, this is Ariana Grande we're talking about, the biggest spoiled rich bitch in school she manipulates and lies to get things her way" Its stupid trying to argue with her on a subject that isn't much of a big deal. I don't need Iris permission to experience something I've lowkey wanted to experience my whole life. This is my one and only chance to finally have friends, to hang out with the cool kids, get invited to parties, and get girls to talk to me. How was I supposed to blow this chance off easily? In a few months, I will be known as more than Mute, I will finally have an identity again. I won't be some type of shadow anymore, the spotlight will finally be on me.