Part 14

King's pov

The next morning I woke up to an empty bed. Angel mustve woken up before me... I wonder why she didn't wake me up. Each morning angel would wake me up with kisses all over my face so I've grown use to it. I wonder what makes today different?

After taking care of my hygiene I head downstairs to look for her. I find her in the kitchen sitting at the table looking over a magazine. I sneak up behind her and kiss her neck.

"Morning babe, why didn't you wake me up?"

She looked up at me with a glare and rolled her eyes," your a grown ass man. If you could come in the house 3 in the morning you can damn sure wake your self up"

Okay.... so I guess she was up last night when I came in. " I'm sorry about that. Me and casey were out drinking and lost track of time" I said telling half the truth.

Angel shook her head," whatever king. I don't have time to chase behind you. I'll be a mother very soon so my focus is on that. I won't allow you to stress me out while I'm carrying my child".

"Angel I'm not trying to stress you out. I just needed a little break from all this parent stuff"

"You sound dumb as hell there's no breaks from being a parent. Either you are or you arent and right now you sound like you aren't all in. YOUR the one who got me pregnant, YOUR the one who said you wanted me to have your child. I didn't ask for any of this but I'm being a mature adult about it"

I opened my mouth to speak but she cuts me off. " I don't want to talk about this anymore. And I don't want to be around you right now so I'm going to my mom's house to finish planning my baby shower. Goodbye"

Angel stood up and waddled out the door. I wanted to go after her but I knew she would just get upset and scream at me which wouldn't be good for the baby. So I remained in the kitchen looking stupid. As I stood there drowning in my guilt my phone began to ring.

I looked at the flashing screen and saw jessica's name. As if shit wasn't bad enough. I quickly hit ignore and put my phone on the table.

What the hell am I gonna do? If angel finds out I slept with jessica I can kiss her and my child goodbye......

Angel's pov

"Mom I think i made a mistake taking king back" I blurted out. She gave me a questioning look.

"Honey Why do you say that ? " she asked.

I rubbed my hands over my face," we've been going through some issues lately and I'm tired of it"

She kissed my forehead and rubbed my back." Its just the hormones getting to you" she said.

I shook my head," no mom. I know its not that. King's been nothing but a mean horny asshole to me. He got mad at me because we couldnt have sex"

My mom gave me a look of disgust," that fucking asshole! Doesn't he know he could hurt the baby. I never knew king was so inconsiderate" she said in a disgusted tone.

"I know. Maybe me and king are better off co parenting. Everytime we attempt a relationship it always falls apart"

Mom gave me a sad smile," you may be right. Me and your father were just like you and king. Always arguing and hurting each other until we finallt decided to co parent. And things have been great ever since. Don't get me wrong I love your father very much , but we are better apart. Always remember angel you can love some one deeply and still be apart"

I sat there in silence absorbing my mothers words. What she said made sense. Just because I love king that doesn't mean I have to put up with all the drama and hurt he brings. As I sat there listening to my mom talk I couldn't help but think I had a few things to reconsider.

...........

Later that evening I arrived home. When I walked in the house I saw king sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I roll my eyes as I walk pass him up the stairs.

I hear him call out my name but I just keep walking until I reach the bedroom. I go straight to the bathroom and run me a bath and exit back out into the room. As I begin to strip out of my clothes king walks in the room and watches me silently.

I ignore him as I continue to get undressed. "Baby... are you still mad at me?" He asked. I just stare at him blankly before dropping my clothes in the hamper and walking in the bathroom.

As I settle myself in the hot water I instantly become relaxed. My whole body was aching, this baby was really doing a number on my body. But I knew it would be worth it in the end.

As I sat there relaxing king entered the bathroom and sat on the on the toilet seat. There was nothing but silence between us, until I broke it.

"King I think it would be better if we co parent. This relationship isn't working out and I don't wanna be stressed out over you" I said calmly.

I looked at his face to see his reaction. He looked panicked and guilty all in one. "I know ive been fucking up lately and I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous about becoming a father. This whole experience is new to me and I'm scared I might mess up"

I could tell he was being genuine and it made me soften. " im new to it too. You should've just talked to me instead of acting like a selfish asshole"

"I know and I will from now on. Please angel don't leave me, just give me one more chance to prove myself to you. I promise I can be the man you need me to be " he said with pleading eyes.

Against my better judgement.... " fine king one more chance. But after this there's no more. If you fuck up again me and you are through and I don't care how much you beg"

King nodded his head in understanding and gave me a grateful smile. I hope I don't regret this... little did I know in the months to come I would do more than regret it.

Vote and comment

A filler chapter

Next chapter will skip a few months to angel's babyshower. Drama begins next chapter;)