(Chapter 18: The Beginning) Aaron's POV

Aaron walked inside of Katie's apartment, not really needing an invitation. Katie closed and locked the door behind them, and she slowly walked behind Aaron following him to the den. Aaron sat down on the couch, and Katie sat across from her in the arm chair.

"Who was Abigail Mendez?" Katie began.

Aaron knew then and there as he stared at the wall behind Katie's head that she had known more than what he wanted her to know. He sighed, not really wanting to talk about something that he had tried so hard to forget. The guilt, the sins that he had committed, and the scent of the falling rain; all of these things came back to his mind of that terrible day.

"My parents had divorced when I was six. It was pretty hard to deal with, but my father and I made it through. Three years later, he finally met my step-mom, Debra. They married a year later. Everything was going well between them, and for the first time; I was a part of a real family. That next year, they adopted my brother Damien."

"So, the guy that we interviewed was your brother?"

Aaron nodded. "Never guessed did you? Of course not, because we hated each other. Ever since that day, we haven't talked until recently. "

"What day are you talking about?"

Aaron ignored her and continued with his story. "A few months after Damien was adopted, we started the school year; and that was when we met Eric Mendez. We became friends, and we were like the three musketeers. When I was fourteen, we had met his sister Abigail when we were in high school. We had never met her before because she attended an all girl's school, and she was always busy with after school projects. She was the cutest thing that I had ever seen, and that was the first time that I felt love."

Aaron smiled gently at the memory. "I didn't know much about girls, and I was very shy around her; but I did like her. Then, one day I saw her at a flower shop with a smile on her face. I figured that flowers were something that she liked, and I gave her some; that was how she became my first girlfriend."

Aaron's smile slowly faded, and he sighed silently. "Three years later when I was seventeen, things started getting rough between the two of us. We argued all of the time, but I still loved her. I still do," Aaron said quietly.

A moment of silence permeated the room, as Katie stared at Aaron, while he stared at the glass wooden table between them.

"I remember it clearly. It was on a Wednesday morning, and Abby called me saying that she needed to talk to me. We met up, and she did the unthinkable. She broke up with me. She said that she didn't feel like she used to, and she felt that it was time for us to take a break."

"How did that make you feel?"

Aaron smirked. "What is this- a psychiatrist's office?"

Katie just stared at Aaron.

"After a couple of weeks, I saw Abigail holding hands with some guy. I confronted her, and she said that this was her new boyfriend. I was so angry that it felt like my mind had went blank, but one thing came to mind. I couldn't let him have her. I was the only one who would have Abigail, and I was going to make sure of it. So, I made a plan."

"What did you plan, Aaron?" Katie asked quietly.

"How I would kill him," Aaron replied staring Katie straight in the eyes.