(Chapter 15: Review) Katie's POV

Katie typed in the information for Bradley Pickering and waited patiently for the information. She sat at her desk and perused over the recent cases. There were so many questions and very few answers. The diary has helped a bit, and they did get a name; but it felt like the police was fighting a losing battle. Whoever was behind the crimes was smart, and they seemed like they knew what they were doing. Katie knew that she and Aaron couldn't give up. There had been too many murders, and if they weren't careful there would be more.

Katie tapped her fingers on her desk, as she glanced at the computer screen seeing that it was still processing the information. As she waited, she mentally went over the crime scenes in her head. All of the crime scenes had the exact same blunt to the head and slit wrists. It was obvious now that it wasn't considered a suicide anymore. These were homicides, but one thing bothered Katie.

When Stacy Jenkins was killed, the slit wrists happened probably about ten minutes from the blunt to the head. In addition, she did hit her head on the corner of the table, but she wasn't beaten with a blunt object. So, maybe Stacy's death was a cover-up, and everyone else's was intentional. The question was why.

A pop-up came on the computer showing that the phone records were ready, causing her to get out of her reverie. She clicked OK and went to print it. After it printed, she perused it; finding that there was a name that appeared numerous times.

That's the name- Katie thought. She was going to have to tell Aaron this as soon as possible. This might just be the break that they needed. 
--------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note:
What name do you think Katie saw in the report? Give me your thoughts and ideas.