(Chapter 17: Anxious Feelings) Aaron's POV

Aaron walked inside of the police station after he had left Eric's "lovely" visit. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he thought of their conversation and sighed. Aaron headed towards his desk, and saw an envelope with his name scribbled on it. He picked it up noticing that there wasn't a return address. Sitting down in the chair, he opened the envelope finding that it was a letter.

Dear Aaron,

I'm not really sure on how to take this. I don't know what I should do, now that it has come to this. I do know, however, that it is time for me to make a decision.

Sincerely yours,

Katie

Aaron re-read the letter a few more times, trying to believe what he was reading. He glared at the paper in his hands before squeezing it tightly. He crumbled it up and put it in his pocket. He abruptly got out of his chair and asked a passing officer if he had seen Officer Childress, but he just shook his head and continued on his journey.

No, no, no! I am too close for her to screw this up now! Aaron thought bitterly. He picked up his phone and dialed Katie's phone. He tried four times, before she answered. Finally, he thought.

"Listen, we need to talk. Meet me at my house, and I won't take no for an answer," Aaron stated angrily.

"Who are you supposed to be? I can do whatever I want with this information, but I want some answers first. So, you're going to meet me in my apartment."

Aaron glared at the phone angrily, as he heard the apparent click that Katie had hung up. Grabbing his jacket off of the chair, he quickly ran out of the station and drove to her apartment. He arrived at her apartment a short while later and he stood outside of her apartment staring at the number 245.

"Calm down, Aaron. You can do this. You have worked too hard for this not to work out. You just need to get your story straight. She probably doesn't know anything. Just calm down," Aaron whispered to himself in a calming mantra. He repeated it to himself, and his heart rate and breathing began to decelerate slowly.

Finding himself able to breathe again, he rang the doorbell. Katie opened it staring at him stoically. Aaron swallowed, trying to quench his drying throat. This was no friendly visit, and the two of them knew that. This was going to be the end of everything that they had once known about each other, leaving only one thing behind: anxious feelings.