(Chapter 6: Visitor) Damien's POV

After Damien left the police station, he went to the bar. After taking a sip of his whiskey, he put his head down as he let the warm liquid melt all of his troubles away. A small tap on his left shoulder took him out of his reverie. He turned his head as he saw who had wanted his attention.

"Eric."

"Hey, man what's up? Oh man, you look like you have been run over by a truck."

Damien chuckled and said sarcastically, "Thanks for the worst compliment in the world."

"Hey, I'm just being honest," Eric said as he sat down beside him. "Hey bartender, let me get a whiskey."

Damien looked at Eric who was his best friend. They met each other in school and soon found out that they lived in the same neighborhood. Ever since then, they were inseparable; and Damien knew that he could trust Eric with anything, especially this.

"Eric, I have something to tell you. Well, about Stacy."

"I also have something to tell you about Stacy."

Damien looked puzzled for a moment. "What do you mean you have-"

"Shhhh," Eric said as he placed his index finger on his lips. "Even walls have ears. We shall talk about this when you come over to my place. We can talk in private."

Damien was even more confused. What was Eric talking about? Not being the patient type, he downed his second glass of whiskey. "Alright, let's talk." He rose from the barstool and set a $5 bill on the counter.

Eric smirked and did the same. "Alright, let's go pal."

Fifteen minutes later, Damien parked his car beside Eric's. They walked up to the second floor, and Eric opened the door. Damien walked in as Eric followed after closing and locking the door. Damien took a seat on the couch while Eric sat in an armchair across from him. Silence permeated the air. The tension was so great, but Damien couldn't figure out from where. As far as he knew, there were no problems between the two.

"I know that you killed Stacy," Eric said calmly.

Damien stared at Eric, not even knowing how to respond to that statement. Questions invaded his mind, but his mouth couldn't conjure the words to speak. Damien swallowed trying to lubricate his suddenly dry throat, as perspiration started forming on his temple. He felt like he couldn't breathe as panic started to consume him. How did Eric find out his secret? Did Bird betray him? Was Eric going to inform the police about what he had done?

"H-how do you know?" Damien asked quietly.

"I was there," Eric said calmly. "You told me to come to your house remember?"

Damien nodded slowly, briefly remembering the conversation.

"I came to your house, and I knocked on the door. There wasn't an answer, so I tried the door knob and it opened. There was Stacy on the floor, bleeding. I checked for a pulse, but there wasn't one. But, don't worry; I took care of it."

"What do you mean you took care of it?" Damien asked suspiciously.

Eric smirked. "You will know soon enough."