Letter-2

Dearest R.H.

I'm so sorry, I left in a hurry last night. I know it's bad to leave someone in a hurry because it's unpredictable. One should always prepare a person for a farewell before saying goodbye. Am I right? I hope I am. You always used to scold me for thinking that I'm always right..I hope you notice that I'm asking you this time. I have changed, you see. A lot has changed. I wish you see it now..
You might be wondering where I am right now. Well, I am out in the woods. You remember that tree? The tree on the stem of which we carved our names? My back is resting against it at the moment. It feels hard against my spine. I can easily judge its contrast with the soft grass that's touching my bare calves. I have my brown handbag with me..the one you bought for me on my birthday two years ago. It's a bit withered now but I love its deep mahogany scent. It reminds me of that beautiful day..

I remember you made me breakfast that morning. I was sleeping when you parted the net curtains and the sun rays peeked through the window. It was a wonderful day as I basked in the sunlight and smiled brightly. You had those corduroy pants on you which we brought in Paris. I just can't stop thinking of that brilliant hour of the day when I came downstairs and saw the chocolate cake that you baked yourself for me. I still remember the moment when you told me that blue enhances my beauty. You know, I wore the blue dress that you bought for me in California just to hear those words from your lips. It was the sweetest moment of my life. I'll not deny it...

Forget it...I don't know what I'm saying...

You love rabbits?? Oh yeah? I do! I just saw one scurry past me as I bent over this letter! Oh my God..at first I thought it was something else..a snake maybe..I'm so afraid of snakes..you know? They are venomous. They poison you inside out and bring you to death..just like goodbyes..

Oh..I have such a scattered mind..please don't worry about it. I feel bad I'm no good nowadays. Amanda was saying that maybe I should go out for travelling once again just like old days..the way we used to do..but I don't think I'll feel good travelling all alone without you. Our journeys were way too enchanting to make me leave home now and travel alone.

I don't know where's my life going

I don't know where's my life going. I think I should listen to her..if not for the sake of fun, then maybe for the sake of my health.

Last night, Amanda was constantly worrying about my pale complexion. I told her it was nothing. I don't think I've grown that pale. I'm mostly wandering in the woods, it's not possible. But she still insists that I'm losing the color in my cheeks. I don't care as much about it but I do care about my friends. After all, they are all that I have now..

Do you know, I also made a crown of daisies before starting this letter! I have it on my head right now. Daisies are cute..no? Maybe I'll plant them in my garden soon. I love their 'white'..it's so pure and innocent. I love daisies. Umm, talking of the garden, I've planted some jasmine flowers already. You loved jasmine flowers so much, I remember...

Oh and our car needs a round to the mechanic now

Oh and our car needs a round to the mechanic now. I met Ben yesterday in the bakery and he said that I must take the car to the workshop today so that he could check it for me. Nothing serious..I think it's the engine that's giving some problem. I'll leave it at the workshop in the evening. I might tell him to paint it blue later on..after all, we both love blue, don't we?

Roger still misses you. He's been very problematic. Last night when I gave him his dog cookie, he refused to take it. When I insisted too much, he wagged his tail and looked at your picture hung by the door. Yeah..you recognize well..the same one that I took in the tunnel of love. That was the most fascinating trip we had..wasn't it? Ukraine's alright..but I surely fell in love with that tunnel. I don't believe in its myths though. Both of us did walk through it while holding hands..but still..we're not together..

we're not together

Some stupid myths...

I think I should go now, a drop of rain just fell on my cheek. I didn't notice that the sky was clouding over. God..I get too absorbed in these letters nowadays. I don't even know where Roger has wandered off. I should call him and run off to home before the rain gets too heavy. Peter has strictly told me not to play in the rain again. It brings me down to burn in my bed. But that's an old thing, every time I stay out in rain, I catch fever..so don't worry. Maybe..I'll ditch him today...rain's got me addicted too much. I just can't remove the drug of it from my mind. I so adore the sensation of little drops falling on my skin. I love it when I return home all drenched with rain water. I've always been a pluviophile..who would know it better than you...

Need to go..te amo ♡ Don't forget, I miss you harder when it rains..and you know why...

Yours and only yours,
Elle.