He was accompanied by my father and few other men, all dressed in black three piece suit, stood at a distance. I could feel their eyes on me, except for that one guy who had his back towards my direction. My mother nudged me forward and blushed, "Yes Kabir. This is Susan."

Am I? Because right now I literally wanted to disappear from here, away from those dark, mysterious eyes.

My father chuckled and questioned me, "Won't you greet my friend?"

Right in that moment, my cheeks turned red and I realized that I was behaving like a weirdo. Taking a step forward, I looked at that old man and gave a forced smile, "I apologize for my behaviour, Sir. I hope you did not have any trouble finding our house." Though I was scared, I somehow mustered up all my courage and tried to act like a normal person.

That same man whom my mother addressed as 'Kabir' laughed wholeheartedly while my father chuckled nervously and in that moment, I knew something was really wrong. As long as I have known my father, I would say he is a strong confident man, who can never get nervous in front of anyone. Except for my mother.

"Come here, Darling" Kabir gestured with his hand in a friendly way and his other men gave him a confused look. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that same man who had his back to me was looking at Kabir too. His side face was enough for me to notice how fine his jawline was.

Keeping my eyes on the ground, I started climbing the stairs and felt their eyes on my every step. I could hear them talking among themselves but did not dare once to look at them. It felt as if I was entering into the lion's den. In no time, I was standing in front of Kabir and when I looked up to make an eye contact, he engulfed me into a warm fatherly hug.

Great, I am not the only weirdo now.

I was as stiff as a stick and I am sure he felt that too. Chuckling near my head he whispered softly, "You don't have to be afraid of me, Darling." 

Was I being so obvious?

Though I just met this person, I had a gut feeling that he was telling the truth. Without wasting anytime, I hugged him back and nodded. Opening my eyes, I saw the most beautiful oceanic blue eyes staring back at me. It was him and I was bewitched by his eyes as it was impossible to look away from them.

Forest green met oceanic blue and time stopped as they kept staring at each other. Taking us both by surprise.

It was Kabir who broke the spell when he released me from the hug and introduced my mysterious man.

"Susan, come meet my son Zac—" Kabir tried to introduce us, but the mysterious man cut him off, "Zach William" he stood in front of me and that is when I saw his full face which made my heart skip a beat. I wonder if that's how other girls feel under his presence.

He extended his hand for me to shake while I observed his chiseled features which was enough to beat any male model.

"I am Susan. Susan Parker" I repeated my name and shook his hand, realizing how small and fragile my hand was under his hold.  It was a normal handshake like two professionals meeting for the first time, but then it changed. He squeezed my hand tight, showing how much power he had and if he wanted he could have easily broken my hand. 

I suddenly felt my cheeks turning into tomatoes when he slightly bent down and brought my hand to his lips, "It is my pleasure to meet you, Susan" I could feel my stomach twist in shock when his lips came in contact with my skin. His kiss was gentle and not even once did he blink or take his eyes off of me.