Christmas.

"Merry Christmas, Ros." Will whispers to me in the late morning of Christmas Day.

I turn my body over in the warmth of my bed and see Will lying next to me with a smile plastered across his face. "Merry Christmas." I tell him sleepily.

I yawn, stretch my arms up and flop them back on the bed. "Here you are..." Will mutters to me and passes me two presents.

I open the first present carefully trying not to crinkle the cheesy Christmas paper, and see it's a very expensive looking necklace. My mouth drops and soon a gasp escapes from me.

"Will-" I'm in shock.

"Merry Christmas." He leans down and is close to my face...

He was inches from me, I could feel his breath, I could practically hear his heartbeat...

David.

The thought booms in my head. I gulp and lean out slightly. "What's this one?" I ask rattling the heavy and big present slightly, pretending I was never that close to him.

Inside was a frame of all of my favourite lyrics from David's songs. Lyrics which included Changes, Space Oddity, Life on Mars, Oh! You Pretty Things, Starman and of course... Rebel, Rebel.

"I thought, maybe we could put it in the baby's room, considering it'll have a Bowie name." He smiles and I couldn't have felt more touched.

He was so thoughtful!

"This is so sweet of you." I smile then pull him in for a warming hug.

He leans out awkwardly and from behind him passes me an envelope.

His smile turns upside down and his entire face turns glum.

I quiz his face then look down at the beautifully squiggled writing that read my name and address.

David.

The thought of him made me smile wide and I quickly scramble to open the paper. Once opened, two pieces of long card fall but I dare not move my eyes from David's perfectly swirled writing.

I read it fast once, then slower, then again just to be sure...

"What's it say?" Will asks bluntly after a few minutes of quiet.

I lower the paper from my eye line, and look down at the pieces of card that were on my bed covers.

I pick them up in one hand, the letter in my other hand. "He's invited us to see him in concert."

"We can't go to America, that's-"

"It's in Brixton. Next week. New Years Eve. It's a small affair, only special guests are invited, but it's quite a casual thing he says..." I breathe my last words.

"Where is it?" He asks and I scan the tickets quickly and beam a smile.

"The White Horse pub..." I trail off then finish the sentence in my head:

Where we first met...

I hadn't seen David in concert for so long, this would be my first time seeing him sing in front of me this year, singing to me.

I start to get giddy, but William does not share my excitement. "Will, what's the matter?"

"Nothing. Now get ready, we'll need to leave for your dad's soon." A huge pull strained my heart, it was odd to hear Will say that... It was odd for anyone to say 'my dad's' it used to be 'my parents'.

"Don't you want your present?" I ask.

Will's face softens then nods gently to me.

My present for Will wasn't a lot, but it should make him smile...