Back in Brixton.

Authors note:

Hi everyone, thanks to those who are still reading and also a huge thank you to those who wished me a happy birthday yesterday! It was completely perfect and I even got some David Bowie presents which brought me to happy tears...! Went to zoo, got a toy giraffe from my parents, so I named him Ziggy Stardust...! Love to you all - BusyScott x

***

After another week of my parents calling me mad, I decided to take my trip back to Brixton.

The important news Abby had to tell me was to say that Jerry had purposed to her. I always knew he would, so it was no surprise to me.

I began to get more excited the closer I got to Brixton, David had wrote to me many times while we were away from the little town, he told me how much arguing him and Angie had done, how little work he had managed to do and he said I could use his house to avoid Kev, the key was under the door mat.

Once I got to David's house, it seemed far too large for just little me to live in for the next couple of days alone. I was in David's house. Living in David's house...!

The black and white tiles amused me as I danced on them whilst David's very modern and expensive CD player boomed out his music, Rebel Rebel was played repeatedly, I also tried on new clothes David had left me as a gift, it was fun being young again.

I then took a stroll out by myself, the weather, for once, was holding. Not paying much attention to where I was going, I saw Ellen sitting on a park bench. I sat next to her and she looked at me and smiled. "You're back?" She croaks.

"I'm back." I mutter to her.

She wraps her arms round me and tightly holds me. "I've missed you."

"I've only been 3 weeks." I tell her with a small chuckle.

"Where are you staying? Kevin's going mad about where you are... He's literally on the search for you!" El panics.

"I'm staying at David's, it's gorgeous! And- What you mean? Whys he so worried about me?" I ask panicked too now.

"You're staying in David Bowie's house?!" She says excitedly but soon calms down. "Oh- it doesn't matter. Kevin will find you now that you're back in Brixton... Why don't we just kick Kevin out of our house. It's weird living with your boyfriend when you don't even live here anymore!"

"Yeah I guess it is a bit weird... But mum and dad won't speak to me again if I kick him out..." I sigh sadly.

"But you two argue like cat and dog, Ros!"

"Yes, I am aware Eleanor." I roll my eyes at her.

It's awkwardly silent for too long, too many people walk past us, then Ellen speaks up.

"Hey did you hear Bowie's new song?" She says excitedly and I smirk.

"It's probably one of his best I'd say." I say looking off into the distance.

"Ros, it's number 1 in the UK!" She says excitedly which makes me smile - I knew it would be a success.

"Where you meant to be anyway?" I ask her curiously.

"Uni..." She mumbles. "But I-"

"Hey, go get a life, you'll do better than I am. See you later." I say cooly.

She hugs me once more and rushes in the direction to the university of Brixton... I sigh, actually really ashamed of myself for getting kicked out. My one chance and I blew it. I shake my head in disappointment and start walking back to David's house.