Heroes.

"You know you're my hero, right?" I tell David with a small smile, once he tells me his story to why he was so unwell.

"I take drugs, Ros. I smoke like a chimney. How can I be your hero?" He says ashamed of himself. "If I was your hero, I should've saved you from Kevin, I shouldn't have left you in Brixton!"

"But you seek help, my help. And besides, you saved me from Kevin by inviting me here."

"No, I put you in more danger... I shouldn't have called... Look what he did after you told me you loved me..." He mutters angrily to himself.

I cup his angelic face in both my small hands. "Do you want me here or not?" I growl to him. My touch on his skin is soft, but my voice is harsh and powerful.

He looks at me and I look into his unique eyes. "My darling of course I want you here." He breathes and touches my cheek softly smoothing over the skin which had brown coloured marks on. They were already fading, thank The Lord...

After a quick kiss, he smiles down to me and says: "If anything Rosalind, you're my hero." I blush a scarlet red like my classic lipstick that I wasn't wearing today. "And I don't want, you, my hero, my little rebel, to ever leave."

I sigh, I'd have to go back eventually, I hadn't even met Angie yet...

Angie.

She'd meet the South London girl, she'd see how normal I was.

"David, what about Angie?" I ask nervously.

His smirk drops into a frown, then he takes a deep breath in then sighs. "Well, do you want to tell her the truth or...?" He trails off.

"I'll think of something for the time being." I mumble to him.

***

Once at David's apartment, he showed me round and showed me the skyline of New York, I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I hadn't been abroad for years, we barely ever had the time or the money, now I had the time, this opportunity of meeting David couldn't have come at a better time for me... But only if he wasn't married...

"Zowie, this is Ros." David introduces me to his 3 year old son.

"Hi Zowie," I whisper to him and beam him a wide smile, the boy smiles back at me and waves to me. "It's lovely to meet you!"

Zowie stretches his arms out in front of him and wiggles his fingers. "Ros!" He shouts and I giggle at him.

"Guess he likes you my darling!" David passes his son into my arms.

Zowie's legs wrap around my waist and he leans onto my chest, he looks up again and touches my new lipstick which was a bright pink colour, and he smiles again... I felt motherly. I felt broody...

No Ros, don't think like that...

Broody for what? David's child? The only chance of me having a child would be with the monster living with me back home in Brixton... I couldn't risk another life in danger as well as my own... How was I meant to tell David about me being engaged?

"Jesus Christ!" I hear a new American voice shout around the apartment, it came from the front door and dragged me away from my thoughts.

"Mummy!" Zowie shouts and wriggles out of my hold. I set him down on the floor and he totters off to see Angie...

Instantly, I cower behind David, and he looks down at me and smirks. He puts his hand on my back and pushes me forward again slightly so I'm standing next to him. I play with my top anxiously then I see the model stride into the room.