Help.

Ros Chester POV. 

"David?" I says yawning down the phone.

The clock ticked on slowly, and told me it was 5:36 a.m.

I hear his heavy breathing, "Ros," he sounded... Different.

David hadn't called me in weeks, I got his letters, but it was rare getting phone calls, and extremely rare to get calls at this time of night.

"Ros, I- I need you to come to New York." He says shaking on the phone.

"David we've discussed this you know-" he stops me.

"No," he says sharply. "Ros," he pauses and I hear the crack in his voice. "I -"

His gorgeous British accent had turned into a very harsh tones man, but I knew it was still David... "I need your help..." And for the first time, I heard the rockstar, David Bowie cry to me...

My heart leaped, tears were already beginning to form in my own eyes, this broke my heart...! He was in a bad place... And I wasn't there to help him...

"David-" I stutter. "What's happened?"

"Please, Ros, come to America. I'll pay. Just, I need you here." He pleads.

"How will I get there?"

"I'll send my jet over, anything that'll get you here the fastest." He quickly answers.

"What about Angie?" I ask sadly.

"Who cares about her! She isn't helping me, my rebel..." He pauses. "Save me..."

I gasp and feel my heart sink right down into my stomach, this man was in desperate need of help. My help.

I had seen it, read it all before. Celebrities died of depression, overdose on pills, suicide... I couldn't let David get like that, he'd break the hearts of millions... Breaking mine the hardest.

I had to stop him before it was too late. He was already spiralling down into it, I knew I'd have to reach into the whirlpool of sadness and drag him out. I had to.

I loved him.

"Ok, send the jet over, I'll go and pack now..."

"My darling," He sighs happily. "I can't thank you enough."

This must've been the first bit of good news he'd had in awhile. "What time do I need to be at the airport and how do I tell them I need to get on your jet?"

"It'll be there in 6 hours. Wear your red lipstick, put that Aladdin Sane bandana on, and take the most recent letter I've sent you with you. I'll ring the airport now to tell them I'm expecting a girl to get on my jet. I'll tell them what you're wearing and they'll let you on..." It's silent for a minute.

In David's head, he thought this plan was going to work, but he wasn't himself, something could be playing tricks on his mind and I don't know what... The only thing I could do would be to try and get this plan to work.

"Ok, I'll be at the airport in 5 hours. See you soon." I tell him and be sighs happily again.

"Thank you Ros, I-" I stop him.