Chapter Fifty

She couldn't save Axel... Everything that he has done for her, she couldn't do this little thing for him. She left him to die.

"Rose..." Dalton sighed from above her. "It's not your fault. We are going to come back for him as soon as possible."

"We can't tell anyone about that place." Robert mumbled into his hands.

Rose wrapped her arms around her knees tighter and buried her face in them. She just wanted all of this to go away. Maybe she will just wake up. Axel will be back, Robert wouldn't have killed her mother, she wouldn't have killed someone... This was all out of hand.

"Oh my god... What is it now? If we tell someone, the sun is going to explode?" Dalton exclaimed sarcastically.

"No but we all will die." Robert sighed as he leaned back in his chair. "Their hideout is top secret and only few know about it."

Dalton sighed and shook his head. "You know what?" He snarled as he walked over to Robert, "I'm tired of all your bullshit. You to explain right now or I'll remove your head from your shoulders." He snapped to him.

For the first time, Rose lifted her head up. "Dalton quit." Was all she mumbled. That's all she needed for Dalton to back away from Robert.

The bright lights from the hospital shined in her eyes so she squinted slightly. Her eyes all of a sudden seemed very sensitive, but she ignored it. Rose stared hard at the blood on her hands before her eyes trailed up to Robert. He had blood droplets splattered on his face and clothes and Rose presumed it was on his hands too.

Robert persisted that they need to come to the hospital to check up on Rose's scars and wounds. Rose didn't want to but in the end they did.

She still couldn't get the image of the two dead men out of her mind.

They were killers.

"Just give me the word and I'll kill him in a split second." Dalton growled as he leaned up against the wall behind him.

Rose let out a quiet sigh, Robert looked up at her with worried eyes. She stared into his eyes before turning her head the other way, resting her head on her bloody jeans, and closed her eyes.

•••

"Rosalie!" Dan yelled from the lounge as Dalton opened the door for her.

Rose sulked in slowly, her feet dragging behind her. Dalton walked inside while Robert waited outside. Dan ran to the door, a worried look on his face. "Where the hell were you?" He snapped.

Rose didn't say anything. She dragged her feet to him before burying her face into his chest. Dan wrapped his arms around her and rocked her back in forth to comfort her.

She felt safe.

•••

An hour passed and Robert was leaving. Dan and Phil wanted them all to explain what happened. Of course, they had to lie.

Rose and Robert stood outside the door. She couldn't look anyone in the eyes, so she stared at her feet in shame. Her eyes burned because she tried so hard no to cry. Robert sighed, "Come here." He cooed before wrapping his arms around her, bringing her to him.

She couldn't trust him.

Her tears started to seep through as she hung limp in his arms. And she cried. Hard.

Don't trust him.

Robert rubbed her back and whispered nice words in her ear as she cried. "I know what you did." He whispered.

She couldn't forgive him.

"It's okay."

It's not okay.

"I know how you feel."

Of course he does, he killed her mom.

Robert let go of her and she avoided his cold hard stare. "Let me see your neck." Robert finally spoke after a long uncomfortable silence.

"What-" she started as she looked up into his eyes but he cut her off.

"Show me your neck." He repeated.

Rose sighed before cocking her head to the side and pushed away her hair. Robert's warm hands touched her cold skin as he inspected it. "Oh my god..." He muttered before letting her go, "I have to go."

Rose frowned, "Wait no. What was that about?" She asked him as he turned to leave.

"Nothing, there's just somewhere I need to be." Robert mumbled before turning around quickly, he placed a soft kiss on her cheek. "Stay inside. Don't do anything stupid." He cooed before turning and leaving.

Frowning in confusion she messed with the spot on her neck he touched.

•••

Rose stared in the mirror in the bathroom. She craned her neck to where she could see well. Then pushing the hair out of the spot, she noticed a small red dot on her neck. That's where the sharp prick was.

Why was Robert so worried about this?

•••

The moon hung low in the dark sky as Rose and Dalton sat on the carpet floor staring at a map of the woods. They had circled the spot where they found their hidden base camp, and the trail they took to get there.

"So if we go around on this hiking trail, we could sneak from behind the guards." Dalton mumbled as he bit down on his marker. He was obviously thinking out loud.

"That trail is blocked by the mud slide from last week." Rosalie reminded him.

"Oh shit..." Dalton mumbled as he studied the map more.

After a few more minutes he uncapped the marker and traced the trail around the large circle where the camp was. "If we follow this trail, we can climb over the hill, sneak through the trees and then ambush them from above." He thought.

Rose looked at the red marker trail and nodded. "That sounds like a good idea." She said nodding. She ran her hand over her neck as she studied the map.

"We are going to get him back Rosalie." He said staring straight at her.

Rose looked up at him before hesitating. "I know..." She whispered. To avoid conversation, she jumped up and folded up the map. "Alright we will scope out that trail tomorrow. Then by night we should have found one that suits our needs." Dalton announced before walking to her door.

Rose put away the map and turned to him. "Goodnight Dalton." She mumbled. She was tired and wanted to go to sleep.

Dalton stared at her long and hard before finally answering, "Sweet dreams, Rosalie." He whispered and shut the door behind him as he walked away.

Rose collapsed onto her bed with her hands on her face. The smell of her hands made her hate herself.

They still smelt of blood...

•••