But...

Jungkook Pov

All through dinner, I bite my nails trying to think of a way to make it up to Jimin. I know he's upset with me and it's showing strongly. He even chose to sit on the other side of the table instead of next to me. I can't help the anxious feeling bubbling up in my stomach. Everything, seems so dark like an inescapable void.

Why can't I just let things go? It's me and my stupid anxiety about Yoongi breaking us up. I'm really sorry that I can't leave things to fate. It's not in my chemical makeup. I continue to bite my nails until Jin nudges me in the side.

"Hey, eat something. It's better than worrying all night. You're only going to give yourself a headache." He whispers while motioning towards the untouched food on my plate.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry." I reach out to grab my chopsticks when a sharp pain runs through my hand, making me hiss.

"Are you okay?" Jin asks loudly catching everyone's attention.

"Yeah, um...I'm going to the bathroom." I say while slipping out of our booth. I quickly make my way towards the bathroom and slam a stall shut and sit on the toilet. When I peel off my band aid my eyes gap at the grotesque thing looking at me. My cut has a white ring around it with yellow puss oozing from it's opening. A knock on the stall makes me flinch.

"Kookie, are you okay?" I hear Jimin ask from the other side of the door. I quickly get up and place my band aid back on before unlocking the stall. I make sure to flush the toilet before exiting.

"Yeah, why would you ask that?"

"Because, you seemed anxious earlier." I wave my good hand at Jimin dismissively.

"What, no. I'm fine. I just really needed to use the bathroom." I say while walking past Jimin towards the exit. I don't want to bother Jimin with anymore stuff since I already pissed him off.

"I think we need to take a break." I stop dead in my tracks and turn back around. Jimin is looking towards the floor to avoid my gaze, but I know he can feel my heart split in two.

"What?"

Jimin scratches his neck nervously, before walking towards me. " I think we could use a break."

"Oh please no." I croak.

"Hey, it doesn't mean that I don't love you anymore, but I think we both need some time apart. You know...to be on our own and reflect." Jimin soothes while holding my hands. I keep shaking my head no as he rubs my hand. I don't care that him touching my hand is bringing me physical pain. I don't want him to let go. Ever.

"J-Jimin, please. I don't want to break up. I want to be with you. I need you." I cry out trying to show him how much I can't last without him. " Is it because of what happened today? Yesterday? I promise I'll stop being nosy. I won't even get upset if you and Yoongi hang out alone." I add.

Jimin closes his eyes before pulling me into a hug. I latch onto him for dear life. "Please, don't let go." I whisper into his shoulder.

But he eventually does let go and he does walk out the bathroom door without another word. At that moment I could feel the ground give way underneath me as I fall to the bathroom floor. I'm such an idiot. I shouldn't have been so demanding.

I can't go back out there. Not after this. I slowly pick myself up and look at myself in the mirror. I'm a hot mess.

My face looks like it got run over by a car and my hair looks like someone took a weed wacker to it.

I splash water on my face to cool down and wet my hair before restyling it. Soon enough, I deem myself as presentable and walk outside to face the music.

I take a seat back in the booth next to Jin and try to act as happy as possible. I smile and laugh along with everyone's jokes and make jokes of my own, but on the inside I'm desperately waiting for us to leave.

I just want to go to bed.

***
Yoongi pov

It's the moment of truth. Everyone is gathered around my table while I hold my song lyrics in my hand.

Jungkook mumbled that he was going to bed and walked off a little while ago, but that's good. I don't need another person leaning over my shoulder and especially not him.

"Okay, read it but I'm not sticking around to hear your insults." I get up from my chair after handing the paper to Namjoon.

I walk out the studio then lean against the wall. Feeling like their reading my soul on a piece of paper, I end up pacing the floor. After another minute they call me back inside.

"So, was it crap?"

"Crap? This is a master piece Yoongi." Namjoon says. "I actually have a beat I've been working on that would go perfect with this."

I exhale and let myself smile. "Thanks, I guess we could use that."

Jimin's eyes light up and he immediately runs over to me. "I have a good idea for a hook."

The way everyone seems to be excited to help is overwhelming to say the least. I shrug my shoulders to seem nonchalant about their praise.

"What's your idea."

Immediately everyone gathers around me and we start brainstorming. I almost forgot how good it felt to feel like a team. Then, I think of Jungkook and his empty space in our huddle being filled by Hyosun.

I eye him as he smiles along with everyone else and seems to mold into the group. Then, I feel something that I've been trying to avoid.

Thump

Thump

Thump...

A/N ahhhh, yes. The moment everyone's been waiting for. I'm so excited to keep writing. Wait until you read the next chapter. Mwhahaha. Please feel nervous. You should. Hehehe. Until next time my burritos. I don't know why I call you guys that, but food is always lovely just like you guys so. Burritos it is.