Twenty Five- Final Decisions.

Start from the beginning

I let out a deep sigh of relief as the nerves slipped away. Eighteen years I've dreamt about this very moment, I've lived it thousands of times in my dreams, but nothing could compare to how it felt right in that very moment. I couldn't even put this feeling under a category, I was just ecstatic. I think for the first time in my whole entire life I was completely happy. Not like the normal happy, like the completely bone crushing feeling like you cant breath in the best way possible happy. I, me, all on my own, had done it.

I thanked the five of them eleven thousand times before I excited the theatre, tripping over a few chairs ever so graciously on my way out. It was then time for me to slip on my poker face. I pushed all my emotions aside and wiped my face of anything that would give away what just happened, slipping through the doors to my anxious friends. Time to have a little fun of my own.

The three of them wore worried expressions, wide eyed and bushy tailed. I let a few sad tears slip from my eyes trying to achieve the 'I didn't get the scholarship look'. I knew that if I looked at any one of them, I would of burst out laughing and blew my charade, so I kept my eyes firmly fixated on the ground.

"So..?" Harper asked.

"Well, it hadn't gone quite as I had expected.." I said, not breaking eye contact with the floor. That part wasn't really a lie if I was honest, I thought that when I was getting a plane home to London, it would be for good. But now, I was only going home to pack up my stuff. Huh, who would of thought it, a small town girl like me in a big old city like this.

They all fell silent, not quite sure what to say as an awkward silence fell between us. After a few minutes of watching them wrack their brains for something to say, I had to give up this act, it was killing me. I needed to scream and shout and sing at the top of my lungs.

"Girls, I'm really sorry. But your going have to say goodbye to New York without me, because guess who just got offered a scholarship." I said excitedly.

Each one of there heads snapped up in zero point three seconds with an accusing expression plastered across their faces.

"I knew you was lying!" Renee yelled as she picked me up and swung me around.

When Renee eventually put me down after successfully giving me whiplash, the three of them pulled me in for a hug.

"Here's to the first day of the rest of your life." Logan smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You got it!? Why am I even asking that, of course you got it! Congratulations my little star!" My dad yelled down the phone when I told him my big news.

"Thanks dad. I just called Phil, well, my agent now to tell him that I accept the offer. I am now officially a member of the New York's Musical Theatre and Performing Arts Academy. How professional does that sound!" I laughed, still on a high from the events of today.

"Now, the question is. I wonder how I'm going to cope without you for three years." My dad on a more depressing note.

"Oh dad, don't be silly. You'll be fine. I'll be home at the end of every semester, and don't you even think that I'll be missing Christmas. Plus you can fly out to me too, whenever you want. You'll have to come and see my apartment. Its amazing!" I smiled, thinking of the new chapter of my life. Clean slate, new page. New beginnings. I liked the sound of that.

"Sounds like a plan, batman. I bet your mum would be so proud of you. This was literally her goal for you."

"Shame she didn't stick around long enough to see it," I said bitterly, "Anyway, who needs her. I have my friends, you, my health, and now an amazing start to my dream career. What more could I possibly ask for."